If JWs Come To Your Door How Will You React?

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

The JWs know where I live. There was one that came by on a Sunday at like 6. She was a loonie from our sister congregation. She got my two brothers into a conversation. We had to leave so I told my brothers that it was time to go. Got into a car blasting rage against the machine and sped off.

• fokyc
    fokyc

IF they come; I invite them in for a tea of coffee and engage them in theocratic warfare!

Last time it was two elders, they promised to return; that was 6 months ago!

Haven't seen or heard from them since!

• minimus
    minimus

Elders don't like all that work.

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

Being friendly and cordial. Treating them like human beings. Debunking their ideas about all apostates being mean and angry.

• mrsjones5
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I'd ask them why God created mosquitoes.

And I'd ask whether the 2500 species were individually created, or if they'd evolved.

Then I'd ask why Noah took mosquitoes on the ark.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

LOL Billy. Well, they know I'm here and I got 4 pre-memorial visits. I chose to hide in my bathroom!

NC

• IsaacJ22
    IsaacJ22

If they don't know, I'll be reasonably polite if they don't push their luck too hard. Once they cross the line, I'll assert my right not to let them drone on and on. If they cry foul--"But it's our faith! You have to let us do our job!"--then I get ticked.

If they already know me, I'll go right to "let it go" mode and tell them I don't want to talk to them.

Of course, I admit that their are times when I don't feel like doing any of these things. Then it's hard to say what'll happen. :-)

• Reality79
  • minimus
    minimus

make it clickable?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit