If JWs Come To Your Door How Will You React?

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• unshackled
    unshackled

I'd say I was an apostate then go all Large Marge on 'em...

• chickpea
    chickpea

i suppose as long as i live in this small town,
    no JW will come knocking, since i have lived
    in this place 22 years and for 10 of those
    years, the congro book study met here

if they DID happen to stop in service,
    i would not be overly welcoming....
    certainly not interested in engaging
    in ANY sort of discussion about their
    doctrine.... they to theirs, me to mine

• Reality79
    Reality79

@minimus

I don't know how to embed the videos, therefore you'll just have to copy and paste. It only takes a second.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Tell them that I have respectful of everyone on a personal level but please do not come to my door, because I dont agree with what you teach.

• d
    d

My family just kindly accepts the literature. The problem is that we have known the witness that come to our door since we were children. We all grew up together.

• poppers
    poppers

Here you go, Reality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki801ccg9Yo

To post a video copy and paste the link. Then highlight it and click on the little "chain" link just below "Font family". Paste the link in the URL field and hit the Insert button, then submit the post.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS:

I am a ten-year "fader" and they know where I live. I would not answer because I have no intention of being cornered into having a conversation with them. If they happen to catch me while I am on my way in or out, I will just say: "Sorry, I'm busy. Gotta go".

I don't hate them, I just have no patience for their beliefs and cannot humor them.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

certainly , I wouldn't wait quick enough to invite them in and break out the tea and biccies but problem is I go straight for their theocratic jugulars, they will walk out thinking they've met with the devil himself.

• Reality79
    Reality79

@poppers

Thanks for that.

• blondie
    blondie

If they come in twos with suits/dresses and briefcases/bookbags, I won't open the door. If it is one in jeans and shirt and tennies, I might open the door and talk to them on the porch for a few minutes...nah, not even that.

Call first and make an appointment, don't drop by thinking it's convenient for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit