According to WT 8/11: YOU MIGHT BE MENTALLY IMBALANCED IF YOU PROFESS TO BE ANOINTED!!!

by JustHuman14 77 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Since the mapping of the human genome, biological science is even more agreeable than ever that "carbon based biological bodies" have the potential for a hugely extended, even an eternal life span . . . ie; it's biologically possible.

Interesting. I've read that nanotechnology may enable the rebuilding of carbon-based bodies in the near future, but I'm more inclined to think that we're headed in the direction of a crystalline-based "light body". I say this because in a higher density, which seems to be where the earth is headed, a carbon-based body would be a real drag... as in restrictive. Evolved, divine beings should have a better vehicle. For me, it clears up that question I always had about the "new system".... what if I fall off a cliff? Will I survive just because I'm "perfect"? How the hell does being "perfect" prevent your body from exploding? I wanna fly like Jesus did after his resurrection....

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I have been saying that for years..I always felt a lot if not all the ones claiming to be "Annointed" are just caught up in the whole religion/spiritual thing and "Think" they are of the "special class".

I liken it to the ones that speak in tongues and roll on the floor..:)

Like I was saying a while back on here, I knew a JW lady that thought she may be one of the annointed and then she went home and beat her boys with a electrical cord.. I guess she was one of the "unbalanced ones.." that was also back in the 60's..

Snoozy

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Because of a family member's diagnosis, I have read much material on this illness. Consider the last line quoted here of symptoms:

[quote]"BIPOLAR DEPRESSION

What is bipolar depression?Bipolar depression is the depressed phase of the disorder, which is also known as "manic-depressive" disease. Bipolar disorder is a mental illness that causes people to switch from feeling overly happy and joyful (or irritable) to feeling very sad. Because of the highs and the lows -- or two poles of mood -- the condition is referred to as "bipolar." In between episodes of mood swings, a person may experience normal moods.

The word "manic" describes the periods when the person feels overly excited and confident. These feelings can quickly turn to confusion, irritability, anger, and even rage. The word "depressive" describes the periods when the person feels very sad or depressed. Because the symptoms are similar, sometimes people with bipolar depression are incorrectly diagnosed as having major depression.

Most individuals with bipolar disorder spend more time in depressed phases than in manic phases.

SymptomsThe dramatic and rapidly changing mood swings from highs to lows do not follow a set pattern, and depression does not always follow manic phases. A person may also experience the same mood state several times before suddenly experiencing the opposite mood. Mood swings can happen over a period of weeks, months, and sometimes even years.

The severity of the depressive and manic phases can differ from person to person, and in the same person at different times.

Symptoms of mania ("The highs"):

• Excessive happiness, hopefulness, and excitement
    • Sudden changes from being joyful to being irritable, angry, and hostile
    • Restlessness
    • Rapid speech and poor concentration
    • Increased energy and less need for sleep
    • High sex drive
    • Tendency to make grand and unattainable plans
    • Tendency to show poor judgment, such as deciding to quit a job
    • Drug and alcohol abuse
    • Increased impulsivity

Some patients can become psychotic, seeing and hearing things that aren't there and holding false beliefs from which they cannot be swayed. In some instances they see themselves as having superhuman skills and powers, or think they are god-like. [end of quote]

As a JW, what is more "god-like" than having the "heavenly calling"?

• sizemik
    sizemik

Anony Mous . . .

(they won't rule it out)

That's basically all I was saying . . . and in comparison to the eternal search for heaven . . . it falls more closely into the category of "sanity" as per the original statement I was refuting.

the sun will eventually die and the universe will reach it's thermodynamic equilibrium.

In approximately 5 billion+ years I believe . . . perhaps our understanding of these things will have progressed somewhat by then . . . sound reason to make some allowance for the as yet unknown.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I've always thought the 'annointed' are delusional. JWs tend to have a leaning toward 'mental illness' (the amount I know who are on 'medication'...sheesh)...so I believe it's just another area of mental illness.

On the 'entertaining' side - there are members of the annointed who haven't been born yet, lol.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

bugger, I thought I would partake next time

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Articles like this are worthless to deter the crazies in the local halls. Here's what they REALLY need:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/social/humour/204491/1/Too-many-partakers-in-the-org-Help-is-on-the-way

• designs
    designs

What is it with people proclaiming to be 'Anointed' or 'Born Again' and hearing voices..............

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

No one answered my query as to what the mental process would be for someone to believe they were among the anointed. I am very curious. In my day, there were very few partakers. My overseer thought he was one when he was in his thirties. We laughed so hard and were totally amazed at his arrogance. We thought wait until Bethel hears this, he will be kicked out. We passed out when they said it was his business. I have a strong feeling he evolved to a dissident group of better than anyones.

The sense of A. was sharpened when my g-gf's generation passed. There was his generation, then the great crowd. No one in the great crowd ever believed they were anointed. It was extremely generational. Hence, the shock that he was remnant. The Russell people believed they were special. I'm wondering if Rutherford did not demote the rank and file so there was a change. My great grandfather lived to be about 100 so A. was knocking at my door. He has been dead for fifty years with no A. in sight.

I am curious what changed at Bethel that they let new people in. Sounds like massive amounts believe they are in. I don't know what the Roman Catholic church actually teaches about life after death. Protestants tend to believe we don't go zooming into heaven. I just read a scholarly book about first century Jewish thought and Jesus. They said resurrection involved a transformed physical body, not a resusication. Everyone quotes Jesus comment that the very stones could be raised to replace Abraham's line. Maybe Catholics and others who believe in a soul zipping through heaven tend to believe they are of the remnant.

I can assure all that 144,000 literal remnant members died a very, very long time ago. As I was leaving, there was some talk about remnant members sitting before the throne of Jesus in heaven, worshipping the lamb literally, defected to Satan, making new admissions possible. No one is ever safe, not ever. Imagine the majesty of God in heaven as a spirit and still defecting.

The Witnesses clearly changed doctrine completely. Yet it seems we are the only ones who care. It doesn't bother regular Witnesses. My mom's family stayed loyal through the Rutherford date, 1975 and whatever. My mom always reminded me of past dates and the havoc on people we knew who lost all. I wish she had the courage to say "no, I refuse to believe," but she refused to let me baptized until I was in my thirties and only through her did I learn birthdays and Christmas were celebrated. She told me of the heartbreak when a brother she viewed as a close familial brother was egged on by Bethelites to proclaim a witness before a federal judge and received five extra years for contempt. My father, a Bethelite and my Bethelites uncles never told me any dirt they knew.

They just showed up for Witnesses. There was no zeal after Bethel. So I had the prime directive that we were Witnesses but, thankfully, the indoctrination was counterweighted by cynicism. This was an emotional tug of war for me but I am grateful it was problematic. I had a jump start on disillusion over my peers in the Witnesses.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    Maybe Catholics and others who believe in a soul zipping through heaven tend to believe they are of the remnant.

No, they don't. They don't believe in a remnant, because they don't believe, as JW's do, that the Old Testament can be interpreted as directly relevant to now. By which I mean that the remnant of the Jews in Israel was the remnant of the Jews in Israel, and that's all it means. It's historical.

They believe that God is our loving Heavenly Father in heaven, that he loves us all, and that through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ his Son everyone has the chance to gain everlasting life in Heaven.

They believe that to do so we must believe in Jesus and do our best to follow him. But the Catholic church recognises that we are fallen human beings for whom perfection is not possible. We are going to make mistakes every day. What we need to do is to love Jesus and do our best to follow him, and provided we are genuinely sorry for each time we fail, God will forgive us and it will be OK. He will receive us with open welcoming arms.

No remnant. No obliteration and wiping out of all those who don't come up to scratch. Just do your best, believe in Jesus and you'll gain eternal life in heaven. No two classes of people. No 144,000 of the good ones, and a great crowd of all the others who never had a hope of going to heaven, but instead are stuck on earth in a surreal paradise where people cuddle lions and tigers, play musical instruments and harvest sheaf after sheaf of golden corn. Heaven, on the other hand, is for everyone, you and me, all of us.If you do something really, really dreadful, then you have to be really sorry and make amends, but the Catholic church allows that if you are indeed truly sorry, do your best not to sin again (allowing for the fact that you are only human so you still might, but you do your best) and as far as you can you put right any wrong that you've done (i.e. if you steal you give back)...then if you do all those things the church assumes that God will forgive you. Even for the worst sin, Catholics believe that God is loving and forgiving and will always forgive a truly repentant sinner if in his heart he really turns again to God. It's very different from the Jehovah in WT pictures wiping away most of mankind at Armageddon.

It'll do for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit