According to WT 8/11: YOU MIGHT BE MENTALLY IMBALANCED IF YOU PROFESS TO BE ANOINTED!!!

by JustHuman14 77 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sir82
    sir82
    A number of factors-including past religious beliefs or even mental or emotional imbalance-might cause some to assume mistakenly that they have the heavenly calling.

OK, so how do any of of the "other sheep" know who the "real anointed" are, and who the "mentally ill impostors" are?

Isn't it possible that 1, or 2, or heck maybe all 7, of the "real anointed" on the Governing Body" are "mentally or emotionally unbalanced"?

Come to think of it, that would explain an awful lot....

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

mental or emotional imbalance-might cause some to assume mistakenly that they have the heavenly calling. We thus have noway of knowing the exact number of anointed ones on earth.. ....................................................................................... So.. The WBT$ GB who represent the Anointed,have no idea who the anointed are..And..Are warning people.. That people who claim to be anointed,may be crazy.. ? ................;-)...OUTLAW

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Isn't it possible that 1, or 2, or heck maybe all 7, of the "real anointed" on the Governing Body" are "mentally or emotionally unbalanced"?

Well, they did kick out Raymond Franz, who contributed to WTBTS teachings for 9 years as a member of the GB. He was not because he was found "guilty" of apostacy, so it must have been something else. Yeah, he must have been mentally unbalanced, that's it. It's just that it took them nine years to notice.

• OUTLAW
  • Mary
    Mary
    A number of factors-including past religious beliefs or even mental or emotional imbalance-might cause some to assume mistakenly that they have the heavenly calling.

Outlaw, occassionally, they might be spot on........LOL!

3171787373_a26ca4b538_z.jpg I'm goin' ta heaven.....heaven.....in Memphis Tennessee....

• OUTLAW
  • Nickolas
    Nickolas

It appears OUTLAW is speechless.

• Mary
    Mary

Either that or he's filled with the Holeeee Speer-ut!!!!

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

I've heard others claim he's full of something, too.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

From "Crisis of Conscience" (p. 345-6)

"Based on my own experience among them I believe that [the men of the Governing Body] are, in effect, the captives of a concept. The concept or mental image they have of “the organization” seems almost to take on a personality of its own, so that the concept itself controls them, moves them or restrains them, by molding their thinking, their attitudes, their judgments. I do not believe that many of them would take the position they now take if they thought only in terms of God, Christ, the Bible, and the interests—not of an organization—but of their Christian brothers, fellow humans. The insertion of the existing concept of “the organization,” however, radically alters their thinking and viewpoint, becomes, in fact, the dominant, controlling force.

I believe that when the men on the Governing Body think about and refer to “the organization” they likewise think of the concept rather than the reality. They think of “the organization” as something far bigger and grander than themselves, thinking of it in its numerical aspect, in the extent of its scope of control, as something international, worldwide. They do not realize—apparently—that this aspect relates more to the organization’s domain than to what it itself actually is. When, however, they urge “loyalty to the organization” they must know, they certainly should know, that they are not talking about that domain—about the thousands of congregations and their members that the organization directs. They are talking about loyalty to the source of the direction, the source of the teachings, the source of the authority. Whether the Governing Body members acknowledge it or whether they prefer not to think about it, the fact remains that in these crucial respects they, and they alone, are “the organization.” Whatever other authority exists—that of the Branch Committees, that of the District or Circuit Overseers, that of Congregational Elder Bodies—that authority is totally dependent on that small body of men, subject to adjustment, change or removal at their decision, unilaterally, with no questions asked."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit