Video: JWs debate Harold Camping Followers...

by Tuesday 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Really? Holy crap, I obviously didn't read it very carefully!

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

liked it. never heard about the white robe desaster either.

• luna2
    luna2

Awesome. I sure wish the internet had been readily available when I was first studying with the witnesses. I would hope that I'd have looked things up. Of course, if you really like the idea of being specially special and that your hardships are going to be over soon AND that all the mean/bad/rich people who didn't help you or looked down on you or took advantage of you would be destroyed, its hard to be objective.

Looking at it in retrospect, I see how juvenile the whole concept of the WTS is...all based on big rewards for those who join their cult, with the delightful expectation of seeing those who took advantage or treated them badly getting PUNISHED by being killed dead forever and ever. Neener, neener.

I wonder how many of Campings followers have woken up?

• baltar447
    baltar447

WHERE in the Proclaimer's book? That's comedy gold there.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I'm recalling it from memory (which might be a bit hazy given it's been 10 years since I've set foot in a Kingdom Hall), I remember the story going that they were dressed in white robes waiting for Jesus to take them to heaven and when it didn't happen Russell went back to bethel and said "Is anyone disappointed? Well I'm not!" I was looking for it in the Proclaimers book but I don't have a copy and it's not in the WT CD ROM.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Love it!! I shared it on Facebook... I don't have any JW's on my friend's list, but others who know my history will get a good chuckle.

Actually, I suspect that one of my Fantasy Kingdoms and Farmville friends might be a JW, but it may just be my radar pinging out of control...my only evidence is that last Tuesday night at around 6pm, she posted "Well, gotta go get ready for the meeting!"... So yeah...um, maybe I'm paranoid but... Those words kind of gave me PTSD lol.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

MacMillan's Faith On The March, p. 26-7.

The year was allegedly 1878; Russell denied being there on the bridge and laughed it off; he thought some of the more radical Bible Students might have been there. The story is, from what I can tell, apocryphal.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Classic video! "What a coincidence!" "Shut up!" Hilarious, although the truth behind it kind of hurts. This is one of those moments where I pause and reflect on how so many people including myself could be so misled. Hurts a little bit. Wow.

I never heard of the white robes rapture Bethel story either. Now THATS, interesting. I guess a proWT apologist will say the light grew brighter, and that Jesus was refining them.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Nice one Tim. Glad you are still feeling creative!

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Nice one Tim. Glad you are still feeling creative!

I'm always creative I just get in moods of not wanting to hear another bad JW apologist argument and avoid youtube like the plague for periods of time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit