What do you really know about "Millions Now Living Will Never Die"?

by Terry 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Wouldn't it be nice if the WTS. came clean

This is not without precedent outside of the WTBTS. Another quote from "Crisis of Conscience."

After the death of its longtime leader, Herbert W. Armstrong, in the late 1980s, the new leadership published an article in the March/April issue of the religion’s main publication, The Plain Truth magazine. The article was titled “Forgive Us Our Trespasses,” and began by saying, “The Worldwide Church of God, sponsor of The Plain Truth magazine, has changed its position on numerous long-held beliefs and practices during the past few years.” In detailing these, it also said:

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Seems like when people are so intent on attracting attention to themselves they usually present the truth in a frivolous way.

This goes the same with religious organizations as well.

If you take a close look at the WTS. right back to Russell's era, you can see how weakly speculative and frivolous he was

with the information he presented to the public. The motto is " Say what you need to say to attract attention and later on deal with

the prevailing consequences ". No wonder the WTS. built up the DF clause against ones who posed damaging questions as well as curtailing

what people were to read, who they were to associate with and they were to talk to. Exposing the inherent bullshit is too costly.

• Terry
    Terry

That Worldwide Church of God manifesto is astonishing for its intellectual honesty.

How many of us crave to read something like THAT in a Watchtower?

Never gonna happen!

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

bookmarked

always worthy of a reread

• Terry
    Terry

Hey, I just thought of a great prank!

We take up a collection and use the money to post a full page ad in the New York Times copying word for word the Worldwide Church of God

apology--BUT--SUBSTITUTING THE NAME OF jEHOVAH'S WITNESSES' WATCHTOWER CORPORATION

• The Finger
    The Finger

In the book "Revelation its Grand climax At Hand! Published 1988 by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society." Page 138.

"This convention assembled in Columbus Ohio, July 20-27, 1924. No doubt at the direction of the angel that sounded the third trumpet, a forceful resolution was there adopted and later 50 million copies were distributed as a tract. It was published under the title Ecclesiastics Indicted."

In the book, "Light, Book One, by Judge J.F. Rutherford. Published in 1930 by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society." Page 135.

"Without previous knowledge or design on the part of any one connected with The Watchtower, the time for the Columbus (Ohio) convention was fixed for July, 1924. Exactly ten years , to the day, from the beginning of the World War the message “Civilization Doomed” was delivered in support of the “Indictment”, which time marked the last typical jubilee; and, showing that the antypical jubilee must begin in 1925, the message announced the doom of Satan’s organization and that the time had come when the people should go free. The year 1925 marked the due time for the great jubilee, and the announcement was made in due course. But the world rulers failed to heed God’s message and to “proclaim liberty throughout all the land”."

It seems they attribute this 1925 to an angel.

Terry,

Outlaw's comment hits the nail on the head. "...they know their working for the dead." Terry, you like to do research, if memory serves me right, I read somewhere that Russell' death wasn't a 'natural' death. I believe he was travelling on a train when he died. If this was so, maybe it was time for Rusell to be replaced at the time. When Rutherford took over, he eliminated many of Rusell's constituants. Rutherford was an attorney, at what level, I don't know.

• scary21
    scary21

Terry, love your idea. Made me LOL Would JW ever do such a thing.......turn from a cult to christian .....The only chance of that happening is gone...... It may have been possible in Ray's day, if a few more GB members were on his side. To bad the wndow closed. I think forever!!!!!

Sherry

• Melchisedek
    Melchisedek

This book is available in Russian ?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Great post! So by way of contrast, does anyone remember the GB's latest lie about the Millions talk? They went out of their way to mention it at the IC.

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit