"Overlapping Generations"... one year later...

by Alfred 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bats in the belfry
  • Eiben Scrood
    Eiben Scrood

I will say it again. If I had not been out of the cult already, this overlapping generation bullshit would have sent me running. It is incredible that people can stay after this came out.

• crownboy
    crownboy

Two years later... and it's still just as dumb.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

The Watchtower Society doesn’t actually talk of overlapping generations. They talk of two groups of anointed members living at different times whose lives overlap. They assert that this constitutes one generation. This illustrates the confusion that intellectual dishonesty causes.

• skin
    skin

Almost word for word what we read in the April 15th 2012 days text:

"This generation will by no means
    pass away until all these
    things occur."—Matt. 24:34

And the Comment: Although we cannot measure the exact length of “this generation,” we do well to keep in mind several things about the word “generation”: It usually refers to people of varying ages whose lives overlap during a particular time period; it is not excessively long; and it has an end. (Ex. 1:6 Eventually Joseph died, and also all his brothers and all that generation.) How, then, are we to understand Jesus’ words about “this generation”? He evidently meant that the lives of the anointed who were on hand when the sign began to become evident in 1914 would overlap with the lives of other anointed ones who would see the start of the great tribulation. That generation had a beginning, and it surely will have an end. The fulfillment of the various features of the sign clearly indicates that the tribulation must be near. By maintaining your sense of urgency and keeping on the watch, you show that you are keeping up with advancing light and following the leadings of holy spirit.—Mark 13:37 But what I say to YOU I say to all, Keep on the watch.” w10 4/15 2:13, 14

• jemba
    jemba

Thanks Skin... so theyre still quietly peddling their BS.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The Watchtower Society doesn’t actually talk of overlapping generations.

FADERS take notice!

After reading this statement I've casually referred to the New Understanding as the "Overlapping Generation" doctrine. This made we realize that I'm using "apostate" terminology with JDubs. NOT a wise move!

Doc

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

Evidently the end never came and evidently all those who saw the events in 1914 (this generation) are now dead so evidently the faithful & discreet slave were wrong about 1914.

Evidently the faithful & discreet slave had to make up a new interpretation (again) and this one is inspired by holy spirit (again) although evidently either the last few interpretations were not inspired by holy spirit or they were inspired but the holy spirit was misleading them - not sure there is much evidentliness for that.

Evidently the WBTS are making it up as they go along.

mmxiv

• moshe
    moshe

JWs have no alternative but to accept whatever BS gets published in the WackTower, as meat in due season from the unknown F&DS- to deny it would mean they no longer believe they can cheat death and go straight to paradise earth after watching Jehovah's Angels annihilate 99.9% of the world's non-JW population. Surely, JWs must have some niggly doubts about the veracity of this overlapping generation teaching-- if they personally knew the actual writers of these WT study articles they might just quit reading that abominable rag-

-

• Kensho
    Kensho

Here's a clue from the recent S.A.D. (great acronym) we just had, Br. Suiter D.O. subing for bethel speaker, his opening words of final talk

"Friends here is where you get to think ......but just for a little while...... (then he goes into his talk not related to this topic)

That pretty much sums it up when it comes to these kinds of major changes in WT doctrine or "new light" the rank & file are not allowed to think or ask questions about goofy crap like this for fear of being marked as apostate so they just go along with the flow.

I don't anyone who would try to explain this at the door as many can't even do the fuzzy math for the 1914 scam.

Ray Franz was a true prophet in his book C of C he stated they GB would eventually have to deal with 1914 date and "generation" mess and he was absolutely correct.

Kensho

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit