Do the Harold Campings of the world make witnesses question their own beliefs?

by dgp 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

Think how many new recruits have entered the solemn Kingdom Halls as neophytes in the last 36 years (post 1975) without a whisper

as to the signficant predictions of past times!

I'm sure a great many devotees are completely unaware.

Such folk as Camping certainly would surely appear to be a clown and an idiot.

How unaware they are!

What you do NOT know cannot hurt you.

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

Terry:"What you do NOT know cannot hurt you."

Sure it can hurt you. You just can't see the hurt coming.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

HC to the JWs are just seen as one of many worldly false prophets, which their own indoctrination recognizes and identifies.

Their religion of course is built on the foundation that they are the only true religion, chosen by god himself, this places

a distinguishing factor around themselves and with regards to HC may even help in the support of this suggestion.

See we are right, HC and his organization are false teachers/false religion, controlled and instigated by Satan himself.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Yeah...sadly (barring a few exceptions, of course) this type of thing solidifies and stregnthens their beliefs. To those of us on the outside, the similarities are unmistakable but when you're really in, you just don't see it that way.

• sabastious
    sabastious

They go "Glad were not like that guy."

It's astonishing to watch, actually.

-Sab

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Sadly,very few will see the similiarities. I mentioned to one Witness about Camping saying it was invisible. She said she had heard that,but I could tell she didn't think anything of it. It is mind boggling.

When,I still was mentally in,these kinds of things did bother me. And I would have to come up with ways to get around my disquieting thoughts.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Different people are affected by different triggers. I am sure the camping debacle has got some JW's thinking!

• designs
    designs

Probably a few will, those inching towards the exit but most cannot connect Harold Camping and Fred Franz...He was our Nut and We're standing Behind Him 110%

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

The JW's are right... Camping is a clown and an idiot. Unfortunately, they also are clowns.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Mr. Camping - unnamed - was gently mocked from the platform last Sunday during the WT study.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit