Do the Harold Campings of the world make witnesses question their own beliefs?

by dgp 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dgp
    dgp

Gary, I very much respect you and I want to extend my respect to your wife, but I find something new in your comment about how your wife sees this. This is a very clever way to ignore all failed dates and prophecies.

• garyneal
    garyneal

DGP

This is a very clever way to ignore all failed dates and prophecies.

Clever indeed but nothing new, this is echoed by witnesses who tried to contend with another poster here (Awakened@Gilead) when he pointed out the fallacies of 1919.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Their 1914 date is based on numerology, whether from their scripture gymnastics and pyramid numerology.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think there is probably a segment of JWs that do question their own "end times" beliefs because of people like Camping. It is bound to cause a thinking person to actually....think.

I believe the only ones that it causes to think are the ones who have already been doing some thinking on their own.....thinking about the fact that it's 97 years since 1914......thinking that it's 37 years since 1975.......etc etc

I don't think it's ever one big sudden awakening......it's many little things adding up.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit