Bacon...at Walmart, almost $6.00!!??

by Sam Whiskey 32 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

This thread is so funny. I pay no more than $2.49 for bacon if I can help it. I rarely buy bacon at Walmart, it's too expensive there. Fortunately I live in an area where I have options on where to buy my bacon. Like I said before I recently bought Oscar Mayer bacon for .99 cents a pop. I got that bacon at a store called Grocery Outlet (it's a chain here in California). I think my point is bacon is relatively easy to find for less than $6 bucks (at least in my neck of the woods) if someone is willing to shop around.

• unshackled
    unshackled

Those are great prices mrsjones. In Canada the cheapest bacon I've seen on sale is around $4.00...this is for Schneiders or other low-end brands.

To get the real good stuff, thick-sliced, you pay upwards of $8. Harvest is my fav...

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I love thick sliced bacon. I'm willing to pay a bit more for that.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

We have chickens too. We even had cows and bulls, but not anymore. We also have our own vegetable gardens and our own forests.

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

If you had less than an acre and had to choose between chickens or pigs, which would you choose? I'm trying to do a little homesteading, keeping it small though. I can't decide between either. My garden is doing pretty good this year. But my goal is to, at least once, have an entire meal I grew myself.

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

@unshackled : good lord, the good stuff @ safeway is $13-$15. But it sure is tasty LOL..

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

count yourself lucky. It is twice that in Australia.

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Don't forget Rabbit. They multiplty fast! Easy and fast meat. Not sure I could off the little furry guy though. Pigs are mean suckers, I could off one them no problem. Don't forget Chickens, meat plus eggs.

On another subject. I was once thinking of a community garden for the poor. Everyone could chip in, an acre of ground could feed a lot of people.

• Glander
    Glander

Yeah, the price is climbing. I was amazed when I went to buy bacon and sausage for the local mosque community outreach breakast last Sunday. But the quality was A+, no complaints.

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

LoL @ Glander...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit