Take a moment this Memorial Day weekend...

by Mr. Falcon 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Morbidz, I wish, but such gains aren't always within our grasp.

p.s. you got yourself a PM, m'lady.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

hmmm... seems fitting....

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I'd make the call

• journey-on
    journey-on

Happy Memorial Day indeed. Lovely post, Mr. Falcon. Losing one to the horrid practice of shunning is like a death. As I have said many times on this board, I do not condemn disfellowshipping per se, but shunning is a horrific evil, imo. Here's to hoping you find a way to reconnect with your friend.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Thank you, journey-on. I just can't picture Jesus doing something like this.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Beautiful post, Mr. Falcon.

I am missing a lost friend too.

• unshackled
    unshackled

Same sentiments as everyone else....great post Falcon.

I haven't completely lost my best friend yet...still know where to contact him. But our last convo a year ago pretty much ended with him calling me an apostate, and a "JWs have the best way to live". Sigh.

To my childhood friend and old fishing/drinking buddy, Scott.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

My heart bleeds for you Mr. Falcon. May fate bring you and your friend back to one another. I'll raise a cold drink to you and your friend today. Cheers...Brother.

• agonus
    agonus

Remember, both Andy and Red eventually got outta Shawshank. Andy out-thunk it and Red just didn't care anymore, but they both ended up at the same destination. :)

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Thank you all for your kind words. I hope you're right Agonus. I guess I should move down to Mexico, huh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit