Anointed on here - Helping the lies to continue.

by snare&racket 26 Replies latest jw friends

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Hello.

I am new to the forum, but I am suprised to see people that claim to be anointed. It really frustrates me. Why would God visit YOU and bless YOU in a religion you now recognise as false. Do you think you were the only person in that religion that believed it heart and soul? Why would god reward YOU for worshiping him wrong and judginf people so wrongly as the JW's do. Why would god anoint YOU, the person that raised a family in a disgusting belief system?

These people and their claims are no different to Rutherford and Russell, or the men of the American bethel that were told they must be anointed as they were to be appointed on the governing body.

This is a website for people recognising the bullshit religion we were once all part of. People that come here dragging their untruths about being anointed do nobody any favours. Do you really think YOU are that special ? Do you really think god chose you over everyone else? I know someone in this situation and I have no doubt in my mind, they are continuing the lie, because her broken mind would struggle with any other alternative story. To declare yourself one of a 144,000 people chosen you have to be broken in the first place! Look at the numbers !!! From the time of Jesus's baptism to the 20th century, you really dont think 144,000 were baptised ? (Therefore according to JW teaching anointed). Go read your history books ! YOU ARE NOT ONE OF THE 144,000 !!!!! Of all the teachings in the bible the JW's got wrong, is it a coincidence that you feel that is one they got right? Dont be ridiculous ! There is no 'paradise earth' you will not find the phrase 'live forever' in the NWT. Ray Franz left because of disputes with the words of Jesus, "I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise." where as the society WRONGLY changed it to " I tell you today, you will be with me in paradise." If everyone goes to heaven (even this criminal) why are YOU getting anointed in the JW's over other good people in the JW's........... YOU LIED AND YOU KNOW YOU LIED, you are in the perfect place to admit your confusion and stop the facade.

Make all the excuses you want, call me nasty or unkind, but I know and you know you are lying. You are no different than the elders that come on here moaning about the society.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

As a total non-Christian now, you won't find me defending the "anointed" too often.

BUT......

Christianity (at least as most understand it from the Bible) gives it's adherents the opportunity to be with Jesus and/or God. It doesn't lead them to any other conclusion very often than the one that they are all potentially "anointed" and go to heaven.

It wouldn't matter that they WERE worshipping wrong (the JW way) according to the doctrine as long as they ARE seeking God/Jesus now.

Otherwise, I tend to agree with you about the BS.

• pirata
    pirata

HI snare&racket,

Welcome to the forum!

The ones I've noticed here that say that they are anointed say it in the sense that ALL christians are anointed by Holy Spirit. I don't think that any one of them believe in a literal 144,000, or that there are two flocks of Christians.

PS. Though we do have one or two here who claim to be the Messiah... Let the reader use discernment.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I agree with OTWO except I think this statement also needs to be addressed:

"You are no different than the elders that come on here moaning about the society."

The elders that come on here are some of the best posters we have. Some of them are damn near heroes. WTF have YOU done for ex-JWs?

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

To the OP, I think you're acting like the JWs in saying who is or is not anointed. It's not for you to say. Why does it bother you? And I doubt that the ones here who are "anointed" still buy into a literal 144,000. That is a JW belief, why are you still believing it if you have rejected the religion?I'm not anointed, or even Christian, but I am pretty sure the 144,000 is not a literal number.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    Though we do have one or two here who claim to be the Messiah

Really, who?

• still thinking
    still thinking

snare&racket Welcome to the forum.

I sense your anger. And fair enough too. Who wouldn't be angry when the discover they are being lied to.

I'm with pirata on this one. I haven't come accross any that say they are part of the 144,000 on here. (maybe I've missed something).

Again....welcome.....vent vent vent......get it ALL out!

• pirata
  • pirata
    pirata
    @snare&racket:This is a website for people recognising the bullshit religion we were once all part of.

Actually, this purpose of this website is listed on the front page:

"The place to discuss anything relating to Jehovah's Witnesses and the WatchTower Bible and Tract Society... or just make new friends!"

• yknot
    yknot

Huggles.....and ......Giggles!

Yknot----( though you can call me "Anointed" )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit