Waking Up From a 34 Year Slumber.

by alg1052 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• alg1052
    alg1052

I definately agree that the society does not like critical thinkers or as they call independant thinkers. As a matter of fact this same CO actually told the congregation in a public talk to let the society think for them. They actually applauded when he finished speaking. My wife and I just looked at each other amazed.

• alg1052
    alg1052

I would like to add 1 additional point to my blog. The main reason that I have not left JW's is Matt 24:14. Who is known for preaching God's kingdom wherever they can? One of the fruitages of the spirit is long suffering. And I am exercizing long suffering as I continue my association with this Pharasee like organization.

It's amazing that they do not make self application of what Jesus said concerning traditions, stumbling his loyal ones, false prophesying and so on. If Jesus materialized and joined a congregation, he would probably end up disfellowshipped.

• wobble
    wobble

They do not preach God's Kingdom if you think about it, they go to people and try to get them to join an organization.

The true GN of the Kingdom is nothing to do with a New York publishing company, the WT.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello and welcome to the forum. There have been great suggestions for you here about reading some excellent books. I hope you enjoy them.

Loz x

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Who is known for preaching God's kingdom wherever they can?

There's this little group called Christians, they've been around for over 2000 years. Maybe you've heard of them?

As for the JWs, take away the requirement to report their hours and you'd see the numbers shrink by 90% JWs are not preaching God's Kingdom, they are preaching for a cult that has the outside appearance of being a religion.

If Jesus materialized and joined a congregation, he would probably end up disfellowshipped.

LOL, good one!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Suffering a long time for the benefit of a book publishing and real estate company is NOT the same as godly long suffering.

All you are doing is helping to prop up a corrupt organisation that blasphemously claims to be in a position that it is obviously not.

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

Just to say welcome the club dude. I was in for 33 years, I was born a JW got baptized at 18(little bit late!!!) but in my early 30's I left and I'm glad.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome alg1052,

Great post!

I just sent you a PM (personal message), see the envelope icon in the top right hand corner.

Blessings in Christ,

Stephen

• A&S
    A&S

Where to go, Lion of the Lamb Ministries, Monte Judah and Michael Rood. These are both Messianic teachers a good place to start. They both can be accessed on line. We started with Michael Rood once you start listening to his teachings you can't get enough. An hour sems like 5 min. They help you to see the real truth, what Jesus really expects of his followers. Born and raised in and listening to them gives you such encouragement makes the Bible come alive and helps you to see how simple it is to understand. Could go in to so much more detail but PLEASE give it a try I guarantee you will not be disapointed.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Welcome to the forum alg.

Whilst searching for your way, you might like to look at this link:

http://www.1timothy4-13.com/files/bible/diary.html

in the light of your present situation.

and

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/preach.php

on just who heeds the "preach the good news" message of Matt 24:14

You will need to get used to the fact that the borg tries VERY HARD, to prevent its

followers reading things NOT WRITTEN BY THEM.

But it is the only way that you will get answers to your questions.

Good luck on your search.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit