What If The Bible Had Never Existed???

by ziddina 82 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

Ah.... You'd better check out the god "El", as in "Isra - EL"... The Israelites retained THAT deity's name in their own identity even as they were supposedly worshipping "Yahweh"...

Oh, and you also might want to check out "Yahweh's" 'wife'...

If you still are under the mistaken idea that your ancestors were "mono"-theistic...

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

I don't know how I missed this thread. Good thread Ziddina! I'm just now browsing through it, fascinating question as well as responses. There's a side of me that feels if it never existed, life would be better off in the long run I think. Mankind would still have to learn the hard way that violence and underhandedness rarely produces positive results. Massive scale savagery would only last as long as it would take people to realize that respect for each other and other's property inevitably produces far better results than harming one another and taking one another's property.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    Ah.... You'd better check out the god "El", as in "Isra - EL"... The Israelites retained THAT deity's name in their own identity even as they were supposedly worshipping "Yahweh"...
    Oh, and you also might want to check out "Yahweh's" 'wife'...

If you still are under the mistaken idea that your ancestors were "mono"-theistic...

Well thanks, I've done some "checking out" before.

One people calls The One God "El", another calls him "Yahweh."

Another group uses the name, "Aten," while another uses "Ahura Mazda."

Yet another says "Allah," or "Waheguru," while others use "Brahman" or "Atman" or "Vishnu."

Many of these groups didn't have the Bible, and do not recognize it as their sacred text even today.

These are just names for the Greatest and Best. At any rate, some of my ancestors have been monotheistic for thousands of years.

Many names for one God

Trotting on through the facade

You were all my children

Got a dig for that feeling

Love will break through the concealment

Strip away the serpents skin

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

I'd imagine the world would be the way it was BEFORE the Bible existed. Advanced. Telepathic. Enlightened.

You gotta go way back further than we've been told to get back to the cave men and neanderthals. The civilizations of Atlantis and Lemuria did just fine without the Bible. It's been the single biggest hindrance to our advancement and evolution since the day it was first compiled.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Atlantis and Lemuria did 9/11. Their advanced enlightenment allowed them to telepathically travel through time and space to knock down the World Trade Center.

• undercover
    undercover

What If The Bible Had Never Existed???

We'd all be Muslims

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Atlantis and Lemuria did 9/11. Their advanced enlightenment allowed them to telepathically travel through time and space to knock down the World Trade Center.

HAHAAA!! That's almost as funny as 19 assholes with boxcutters!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Why don't you answer your own question? I gave you the findings of the pioneer egyptologist. Why don't you give us some answers?

• Satanus
    Satanus

undercover

'What If The Bible Had Never Existed???

We'd all be Muslims'

Nah. The koranic stories are largely taken from the bible. If there had been no bible, there would be no koran. No koran, no muslims. Doesn't mean that there wouldn't be wackos in some of those deserts. Hard times/conditions make hard people w hard/fundy beliefs.

S

• flipper
    flipper

" What if the Bible Had Never Existed ? " None of us would have wasted years in a mind control cult promoting it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit