What If The Bible Had Never Existed???

by ziddina 82 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

I'm thinking way outside the box here...

I looked up my thread title before starting this thread and guess what??

NO ONE appears to have EVER considered this question before...

I've seen far, far, FAR too many people of European/British Isles/African/American extraction defending this regional Middle-Eastern 'god', without realizing that their ANCESTORS would NEVER have willingly consented to give up their own deities to worship this interloper thrust upon them, usually at the point of a Roman sword... Or occasionally for trading advantages, as in the case of many of the heathen Viking - Norsemen...

So. What if the bible had never existed?

Who would you be???

Keeping in mind that your pre-biblical and pre-Christian ancestors ALREADY HAD their own theology in place, before they were conquered....

What if your ancestors were NEVER brutalized into worshipping this Middle-Eastern 'god'?

What if you were never burdened with the misogynistic Middle-Eastern mentality contained within the bible?

What if you were never burdened with excessive levels of guilt over your sexuality, your ambitions, your curiosity about the world around you, your desire to learn?

What if the great heathen philosophers - and early scientists - were never silenced by Christianity's Middle-Eastern mentality? What if Copernicus was never imprisoned and told to stop seeking knowledge? What if Galileo was never put under house arrest and kept from doing further research?

What if Sir Isaac Newton had never been burdened with Middle-Eastern Christian ideology in his search for scientific truth? If Darwin had never had to deal with Christian adherents of Middle-Eastern mythology?

Who would you be today??

Zid

• ziddina
    ziddina

If you're having trouble with this idea, I would suggest that you 'ease' into this question by asking yourself this:

What would the Middle East be like today, if Islam had never come into existence???

What would Europe be like today, if Islam had never existed?

What would America be like, if Islam had never existed?

Now try the same question, only with that slightly older Middle-Eastern holy book, the bible...

Zid

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

Something else would have taken its place.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

That would be awesome!

• unshackled
    unshackled

We would all have pet tigers by now.

• snowbird
    snowbird

No one can say, and it's wisdom on our part to refrain from speculation.

If you contrast the progress of civilizations that have been influenced by the Bible with that of civilizations that have not been so influenced, you will see a big difference.

The people that have used the Bible to impede, oppress, or persecute others have presumptuously taken it upon themselves to play God.

Search and see that you will find nothing in the Bible to justify their actions.

Syl

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I'd have the same God I have now. My God is not like the God in the Bible. I think more along the lines of The Great Spirit.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Rats!! Responses before I added this:

UNLESS YOU CAN PROVE TO ME THAT YOUR ANCESTORS OF 4,000 YEARS AGO [in other words, pre-biblical...] WERE MONO-THEISTS, YOU CANNOT USE MONOTHEISTIC THINKING IN ANSWERING THIS QUESTION...

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Ziddina, are you unfamiliar with the Native American Great Spirit? My father's mother was 50% Indian. Her father was 100% Native blood. They did not worship multiple gods.

• ziddina
    ziddina

So, Flying High Now...

Have you researched Native American belief systems from the pre-conquest period?

Are you aware that this whole "Great Spirit" belief system was generated AFTER the Native Americans were influenced and conquered by Middle-Eastern Christian-god-worshipping whites???

Think it over and THEN see what you might believe, without a male mono-theistic religion dominating your thinking...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit