Do You Think You Would Be Terribly Missed If You Died?

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Lately, I have noticed that many suddenly have died or as it is usually expressed, died "unexpectedly" in the local obituaries.

I have come to know of many young people suddenly deciding to kill themselves for whatever reasons. Most that I have known about had either financial or personal issues and sadly, they just gave up.

I wonder if we were suddenly gone, would people take notice?.....(and don't worry about me. I'm still full of myself, just in case you might think I'm asking for my benefit).

• minimus
    minimus

I know....it's a scary subject,

• undercover
    undercover

Ask my creditors...

• watersprout
    watersprout

I would like to think i would be missed... Not planning on going anywhere yet!

Peace

• cantleave
    cantleave

Not on here!

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

I would like to think I'd be missed but the reality is that it might only be by a small number of non-JW family, a few at the church, and of course the family dog. And that would be for a relative short time, a few years at most.

Outaservice

• minimus
    minimus

I had a customer who told me about his beautiful 26 year old model niece who suddenly decided to commit suicide. There were no warning signs that they saw. Then I know of a beautiful funny bartender in her late 30s that just didn't go to work one day and that was that.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Some family would miss me, somewhat. My co-workers would miss me. Some on this forum may miss me. Nobody in the WTS org will miss me.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Yes, there will be a solomn gathering of my friends where there will be great weeping and gnashing of teeth - then drinking, followed by more weeping/hysterical laughter and perhaps some clothes being ripped apart in grief/celebration of life, then some more drinking and perhaps a nap...

at least that's how I like to picture it

Seriously though, I think I would be missed at first but like everything else things would go back to normal probably sooner rather than later and the circle of life would keep on turning.

• minimus
    minimus

Long live Hef.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit