Do You Think You Would Be Terribly Missed If You Died?

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• elderelite
    elderelite

By some... But As i am comming to realize, i am not "universaly" important.... And i hope that even those who miss me would realize that living well is all i ever would want from and for them. No tears for me, just rememberances of good times and and lessons learned :-)

• C6H12O6
    C6H12O6

Nope, nor do I care. It's not like I still have feelings when I'm dead.

• prophecor
  • ziddina
    ziddina

I'd miss me...

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Everyone I know that loves me is scattered. I know Andy would be very grieved. My kids might be grieved. Julian maybe. I have a friend or several who might be upset. My priest keeps telling me to file a plan with the church and they will make sure I have a send off. I know for sure my kids can't afford one.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

I want to leave this world unemcumbered by the thougts of others feeling.Sounds kinds selfish I guess,but Ive done my best for people.If they are happy than Huzzah!!!If not,well,than bite me...

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

My dog and cat would miss me for a couple weeks. My mother would too,I think....but,that's about it.

• JRK
    JRK

No

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Only by my birds. They'll probably die of starvation/thirst by the time someone came into the house to check on me.

W

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Do You Think You Would Be Terribly Missed If You Died?

Of course not. Maybe a few days of mourning by my children and friends, but then they have to get back to the business of living.

Mark Twain made that observation himself. Life is for the living. It is not about living for benefit of the dead.

Don't take yourself too seriously. No one else does, except possibly you.

Be happy to feed the worms. I will. Worms are the living and we are just food to them. That's the way it works and all our our ego-driven bullshit doesn't matter to the worms. And after about 3 days or so, it doesn't matter to the living humans, either.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit