Over 40 Lady and want a tatoo, What do you think?

by lovelylil 33 Replies latest jw friends

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I've always liked tatoos and disagreed with the WT's stand on them. I just turned 42 on May 14 and think its about time I get one. Nothing drastic, just a small Lilly flower on my left shoulder. And possibly if that goes well a small ankle tatoo later on.

My hubby thinks I am NUTS, too OLD he says! The thing is I don't feel 42, more like 22. Do you guys think its ok for a mid age lady to get a tatoo?

I love it.

• chickpea
    chickpea

the art of tattooing is ancient and was
    wrought with all manner of ritual...
    meaningful and magical

nowadays it is largely symbolic of
    events or rites of passage so it is
    strictly a matter of personal taste....
    those who would never do it cannot
    understand why anyone would do it

speaking from experience...
    it wont wash off, so be sure!

• blondie
    blondie

Just be sure you go to a reputable tatoo artist. They have to be licensed in this state. Personally I only tolerate needles in my body for medical reasons.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

You've obviously thought about it - you know what you want - so why not go for it (IF you're really sure) ? 42 is the new 30, lol.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

MC,

You are right! 40 is the new 30. People tell me I look younger than my age, no wrinkles yet, no grey hairs. I am very active and lost a lot of wieght 2 years ago. Work out at gym, lift wieghts, hike, etc. Take vitamins daily. Its important to stay healthy and you feel better too.

blondie,

Yes here in MA you MUST be liscensed to do tatoos. There is a great shop near my home. My girlfriend and I are going together, btw she is 64! But looks and feels much younger too.

Also my daughter who is 18 wants a tat, we may do it together as a mother/daughter bonding thing, LOL.

• Scully
    Scully

Hi Lil

I had a gorgeous tattoo done as I was coming up to my 45th birthday. I still love it and it always gets lots of compliments. At first, Mr Scully thought I'd gone off the deep end, but he was very impressed once it was done.

• mouthy
    mouthy

YOU MIGHT KNOW THAT I AM GOING TO GIVE A WARNING!!!!

I saw a documentary,where the Dr was saying that the Tattoo Ink
    sinks into the blood stream & can cause a problem later in life

Well I am the Granny on board,so I gotta warn ya!

• mouthy
    mouthy

OOPS that killed the thread didnt it ????Sorry kids

• talesin
    talesin

hahaha, Granny - I'm wondering if the doctor was talking about folks who have 'sleeves' (ie whole upper body), you know, lots of tats.

I think it's a great idea. 42? You're practically 29!!! :D

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit