Camping ''bewildered'' and ''mystyfied'', but check who is taking blame...

by Aussie Oz 53 Replies latest jw friends

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

rocketman, their methods are already hindered by an inadequate preaching method.

• strymeckirules
    strymeckirules

i wouldn't be suprised if this all amounts to something big. and it will have been pre-planned.

like the backlash from his followers and the rest of society might trigger a new attitude about organized religion....

or each one of these false prophets is another "boy who cryed wolf" and soon we won't even pay attention when a real prophet shows up?

or people involved in a cult will decide to look at thier own beliefs to see if they are legit.

thank god that jesus warned us about this guy and others like him.

"LOOK! I HAVE FOREWARNED YOU." - Jesus.

ladies and gentlemen, i believe this is a PROPHESY FULFILLED!

• free2beme
    free2beme

This just in ....

"Camping kicked in balls by an Athiest!" Wait, that did not happen ... but I am pretty sure it feels like it for the 89 year old man. Personally, I love the excuses being made and wonder if saying this to a Christian would be okay.

"It did happen, my neighbor is missing, and you are still here. I think you are just one of those left behind."

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

The Witnesses are not immune from the fall out over this, it makes their "end is soon" just as bad as "end is nigh". The lack of fullfillment of end of times prophesies of particularly the emergent ( last 100 years or so) religions only proves the bible correct when it states "it is not for you to know the times or the dates...." Just give up, get on with doing as much good as you can and when it happens it will happen. Jesue was making a very specific point at Acts 1:7 that if you focus on dates and times it will take one away from the two most important things in one's life - love God and love your neighbour, the rest will all fall into place in God's due time.

All these end of timers remind me of being on a trip with my parents and the incessent "are we there yet?" drone from the back seat, maybe its time for God to reach back and slap his hand around....maybe he has by allowing all these idiots like Camping and WBTS make fools of themselves in public.

• designs
    designs

Fred Franz must have been just as befuddled when 1975 didn't turn out like he expected........

• Satanus
    Satanus

'All these end of timers remind me of being on a trip with my parents and the incessent "are we there yet?" drone from the back seat,'

Yah, old farts tend to do that. Likely, cuz they have lived past their expiration date. Evolutionarily, you only need to survive long enough to reproduce. Franz never did. Maybe, that's why the old fart lasted so long, w his adolescent squeaky voice.

S

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110523/ts_yblog_thelookout/doomsday-prophet-followers-flabbergasted-world-didnt-end

"Another believer asserted that their prayers worked: God delayed judgment so that more people could be saved, but the end is 'imminent,'"

• steve2
    steve2

"

Robert Fitzpatrick of New York had put his money where his faith is: The 60-year-old retiree spent

$140,000 -- almost everything he had -- on

hundreds of billboards proclaimg the Armageddon that Camping predicted"

I do not pity this man: A fool and his money are soon parted. I hear he has since reported that his faith is unshaken and he now expects the end before the end of this year. Deja vu... This shows the utter impossibility of saving (some) people from their own stupidity. If he wasn't sucked in by Camping, he find some other religious nutter to cling to. He's as close to a fool as you're likely to find on the street corner preaching...

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Remember Leon Festinger's study When Prophecy Fails. He followed a sect that predicted the end of the world and made the suprising discovery that the failure resulted in increased commitment to the belief systerm from followers, a phenomenon he attributed to cognitive dissonance.

• Quandry
    Quandry

1975-Deja vous all over again!

I am certain that it is not Harold Camping's fault and that he should not apologize-obviously it was his followers who read too much into his statements and should not have been speculating about the "day and hour."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit