Throwing out literature left in public places

by rebel8 24 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

NEVER! Instead, I put WT-expose' flyers inside the front covers of all the magazines in the laundromat, doctors office, etc and kept going back to check- it only takes a few weeks for the JW to find out what is happening and they stop putting out literature, I assume they decide it is better to stop leaving literature than to take a chance that apostate material will get read by the public. Of course, you have to be prepared ahead of time and have some flyers preprinted and stashed in your car. And the other option is to write, in ink- on the covers the web address of your favorite website.

added: With so many smart phones around now- writing the web addresses on the cover of the WT magazine is probably a great way to go- I better keep an updated list of my top 10 in my wallet-

Besides our JWN- please help me by listing your favorites!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

The more the public is exposed to JW literature, the more they'll realize that WT dogma is utter hogwash.

I would love for every householder to receive a copy of the Elder's Manual, or a compilation of the 'Greatest Hits' from the Question from Readers.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

At the hospital I work at if i see some JW literature I always write "this is a cult to know the truth about them look up JWFACTS.com and Jehovahs-witnesses.net" on it. Doesn't happen much but always makes me happy to hurt there cause

• undercover
    undercover

I guess I'm in the minority...

I just ignore it...just like I would if it were a flyer for Harold Camping's Judgement Day, or a born again Christian flyer or a Catholic flyer. Most "normal" people (non-religous or non-practising or not interested in changing) ignore it as well. Few people actually pick these things up and read them in depth. Maybe a cursory glance and then drop it back down.

In this day and age, with instant information available on the Internet, anyone dumb enough to fall for Camping, Mormons, Scientologists, JWs or how to earn a million dollars by working from home one hour a day schemes, pretty much deserves what they get.

Born-ins is a different story. But they don't normally go around reading religious literature left in the laundromat.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I don't think anybody deserves to be mind controlled by a cult.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Do you do this?

Yep, every chance I get. The last time was just last week. Had to take my hubby to the SS office and I spotted a jw in the lobby (she was reading an awake). I told hubby that if she drops a mag he knows what I'm going to do. Sure enough as we were leaving I spotted a mag on one of the seats in the lobby that wasn't there when we arrived. I snatched it up, exited the lobby, tore that sucker to shreads, and dumped in a trash can right outside the office door.

Not on my watch!

• Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu

@LeavingWT: I second the idea about the greatest hits. Bet the public will get a kick out of that.

By the way, now that I think of it, I think I'm going to seek and destroy the stuff whenever I can.

• undercover
  • godrulz
    godrulz

Christian literature is a tool used by God. Cultic literature can be used as a tool by Satan. I would also remove WT literature, but I would not remove a biblical Christian tract (in some countries, gospel literature is passed around among numerous people...they are hungry for these things and don't have the mass access that North Americans do).

• undercover
    undercover
    I would also remove WT literature, but I would not remove a biblical Christian tract

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit