Would Y'all Like to See Something Awesome From the Book of Jasher?

by snowbird 53 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

i just had to jump in here and make a comment because of a statement that EP posted:

How is it that Spiderman has a a better moral code than god? His is "with great power comes great responsibility". God's seems to be "don't do bad things because I don't do bad things, except whenever the fuck I want and it's OK because I am stronger."

i left the org. back in 1998/99. one of the reasons being that i had serious doubts as to "his" moral code, based on what i had learned from the Bible over 25 years. my reasoning was much like EP's. if a created thing/being has more love, compassion, etc. than god, then, i am definitely not impressed. of course, i don't feel that the Bible is "God's Word" anymore, either. however, if others want to believe it, then, that is their business, as long as they don't try to make ME accept it as truth. live and let live.

Terri

• snowbird
    snowbird

I believe the Bible contains God's Message, but I would NEVER attempt to force anyone else to believe it.

Won't even try to convince anyone.

Thanks for the response, Sunny Gal.

Syl

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

An interesting verbal joust.

Interesting that when I quote directly from your book, with no additions or subtractions, you back away, call it assumptions or call it a verbal joust.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I believe the Bible contains God's Message, but I would NEVER attempt to force anyone else to believe it.

You would not, and I believe that as surely as I believe I shot my best round of golf today (I did!), it's the other believers that would by force of law, force of threat and any means they have that would.

And you can't say they aren't believers because they are, as surely as you are, just with a slightly different belief.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hmmm ...

I'm still in the Book of Jasher, Entirely.

Care to join me?

Syl

• strymeckirules
    strymeckirules

if the book is a lie...

somebody devoted their time to fool me,

for what purpose?

i didn't pay any money for it.

it gave me more details about events that nobody can prove or disprove and the details don't change the base story. the details add to it, makeing the story more a reality to the reader.

so the book of jasher made my faith STRONGER. and that made me a better person.

so if an ancient writer wrote a book of lies that make me a more moral person and helps me believe in god more, what's his aim?

to keep me a god fearing human? what is wrong with that?

read the books before you believe they are lies. the ring of truth is always present.

• snowbird
    snowbird

The book has 91 chapters.

It ends this way:

The Book of Jasher, Chapter 91

13 And all the elders also fought the battles of Israel against the Canaanites and the Lord drove the Canaanites from before the children of Israel, in order to place the Israelites in their land.

14 And he accomplished all the words which he had spoken to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and the oath which he had sworn, to give to them and to their children, the land of the Canaanites.

15 And the Lord gave to the children of Israel the whole land of Canaan, as he had sworn to their ancestors, and the Lord gave them rest from those around them, and the children of Israel dwelt securely in their cities.

16 Blessed be the Lord for ever, amen, and amen.

17 Strengthen yourselves, and let the hearts of all you that trust in the Lord be of good courage.

THE END

Amen.

Thanks, Stry.

My sentiments, also.

Syl

• strymeckirules
    strymeckirules

did you read about Babel in Jashar?

i thought that was amazing information.

do you notice how it is hard to remember all the information to tell to others? as if they have to read it for themselfs to "get it"? maybe it's just me but i got excited about the info when i read the book.

i suggest to you also "The First Book of Adam and Eve", "The Second Book of Adam and Eve" and "The Book of Enoch - R.H. Charles."

there are several translations for these old scrolls. especially for enoch. the occult really likes "The Book of Enoch" because it gives lots of information about the fallen angels, and even though the book is VERY CLEAR on the consequenses for occult spiritism, they thrive on the information. there is a few complete forgerys out there but you can spot it in the first few chapters.

the book titles in the first paragraph are the legitimate ones in my own opinion. you do your own research. they are all available on the sacred texts website. watch out for the "other books of enoch" on the website....

• snowbird
    snowbird

I sure did read about Babel.

How Terah got rich by making and selling idols.

How Nimrod tried to have Abram killed.

Lots of very intriguing stuff.

I'm having a gay ol' time!

Thanks for your interest.

Syl

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Care to join me?

Sure, what's the topic?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest