Would Y'all Like to See Something Awesome From the Book of Jasher?

by snowbird 53 Replies latest watchtower bible

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

You know this, how?

Because the bible says he created them and commanded them. Literally. See below.

Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, [a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
    in the image of God he created them;
    male and female he created them.

28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”
    29 Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.”

How about Genesis chapter 2? Nope, no question there either, just created and a command.

Then the LORD God formed a man [c] from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

Now the LORD God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed.

The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. 16 And the LORD God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.

Nope, no question there either. Just creation, a command and a potential death sentence. So, how do I know? I read what it said.

I believe the God of the Bible is just, merciful, and kind.

You believe He is a monster.

Let's just leave it at that, shall we?

I don't beleive he is a monster. He's mythical.

And why is that when Christians get their beliefs cornered by the words from their own book they just want to leave it at that? Seriously.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I don't beleive he is a monster. He's mythical.

Seriously? That much ado about a mythical Person? Seriously?

And why is that when Christians get their beliefs cornered by the words from their own book they just want to leave it at that? Seriously.

This Christian gets tired of others making assumptions, yet calling foul when I make assumptions.

Seriously.

Syl

• poopsiecakes
  • EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Seriously? That much ado about a mythical Person? Seriously?

Yes. Because other beleive so strongly in that mythical person they will kill, lie, pass laws and attempt to rule others based on it.

This Christian gets tired of others making assumptions, yet calling foul when I make assumptions.

What assumptions did I make that were not clearly labeled as so? I have no problem with assumptions, I have problems with assumptions treated as fact without any reasonable reason to do so.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    others beleive so strongly in that mythical person they will kill, lie, pass laws and attempt to rule others based on it.

Believers, I say believers, do NOT do any of those things.

Where the heck did they learn blacksmithing skills and mine the metal for a till and learn animal husbandry?

He is. "Here, you have free will, but I'll kill you and all of your descendants if you use it in a way I don't like. And I'll make sure you ALL suffer along the way".

They never had the chance to accept.

All of the above are assumptions.

Syl

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hi, Poopsie.

Wanna share that popcorn?

Tee hee hee.

Syl

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Believers, I say believers, do NOT do any of those things.

The "no true scotsman" fallacy rears it's head.

Believers most certainly will. You may not like them, but many of them most certainly are believers. Not ones like you and tec, of course, but they are believers nonetheless.

All of the above are assumptions.

Completely untrue. The first is a question. The assumption is on your part when you say god taught them.

The second it simply noting what the bible literally says. An assumption would be that the god offered them the chance that part just wasn't important enough to write down. Same for the third. I am just saying what the bible literally says, not assuming more or less.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Nota bene, I did not say "true" believer.

When you asked, "Where the heck did they learn ...?, you were implying the text is incorrect - an assumption.

"I'll kill you and all your descendants if you ... " - YHWH stated YOU will positively die. You're assuming to put words in His mouth.

"They never had the chance to accept." - This is a blatant assumption on your part. Eve's answer to the serpent showed that she understood and accepted the command.

Syl

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Nota bene, I did not say "true" believer

Doesn't matter, the no true scotsman fallacy still applies. You are differentiating yourself from people that claim the same belief because you don't like wht they do, claiming they aren't something they claim they are.

When you asked, "Where the heck did they learn ...?, you were implying the text is incorrect - an assumption.

I didn't imply anything. I asked a question. Anything other than that is a gross assumption on your part. How is that not a valid question? Where did they learn to mine the metal and the blacksmithing skills to make a till?

That still wasn't an assumption. I was creating illustrative method of stating the situation. If it makes you feel better, I'll restate it as "God killed Adam and Eve for eating fruit after not giving them free will or any choice in which to opt in. According the the same Bible, because of Adam's actions and God's decisions based on Adam's actions, everyone else that has ever lived has died."

Better?

Although, God NOT warning Adam that the situation Adam mat create would also doom billions of people seems like a bit of a dick move for God. It actually works out better for God's image if he had bothered to warn Adam.

"They never had the chance to accept." - This is a blatant assumption on your part. Eve's answer to the serpent showed that she understood and accepted the command.

Not in the least. Let's take a look:

The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”

Nope, nowhere in there does it say she had a chance to agree. It still says it was a command. Nowhere does it say they ever had a chance to opt in or agree. Pure assumptive speculation on your part. Her repeating it does not in any way imply understanding. My kids can repeat things that I have told them without understanding why they can or can't do certain things. The ASSUMPTION she understood based on simply the ability to repeat it back is fallacious.

• snowbird
    snowbird

OK, Entirely.

An interesting verbal joust.

Until we meet again ...

Over and out.

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit