2011 "Let God's Kingdom Come!" District Convention Program

by witnessofjesus 62 Replies latest forum announcements

• watersprout
    watersprout

2:00 Symposium: Beware of Enemies of the Kingdom!

Satan and the Demons

Babylon the Great

Apostates

Our Imperfect Flesh

When i got to Apostates i LOL'd! The only way to steer clear of apostates is to live in a commune.... FOOLS!

I'm soo glad i will NOT be getting up at 5.30.... Getting out the house for 7...Take a long drive to the stadium.... Sit all day with a bored child and hubby.... Be treated like shat from the other dubs.... Rush to get to car otherwise you end up on car park for two hours.... Drive the long journey back, while sat in the car feeling really emotional.... Get home..... Unload car.... Feed weary tearful child.... Bath said weary child and put to bed.... Reassure child that it's only for another two days and how proud Jehovah is of her.... Feed self and hubby.... Cry a little on setee...Make sandwiches for following day.... Clean up....Have a cup of tea and cry some more.... Have hubby put his arms round shoulders and say it's going to be ok.... Have a bath.... Fall into bed.... Can't sleep as soo overtired.... Fall asleep about 3.... Have violent nightmares.... Alarm goes off at half 5..... Wearily drags self out of bed to start again..... Wake up child 20 minutes before we leave.... Calm child down and promise to buy child a present on monday....Repeat steps for remaining days.... WTFricking hell!

Going to be enjoying a lovely weekend with family instead!

Peace

• nugget
    nugget

9:40 Symposium: Appreciating the Messianic King's Appealing Personality

Humble

Tender

Approachable

Reasonable

Courageous

Generous

Self-Controlled

Discerning

doesn't sound anything like my experiences recently. It will be enough to say they are these things they won't need to demonstrate them.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Apart from the "Beware of Enemies of the State Kingdom" symposium (<---- that word always makes me smile), "Are You Behaving as a Kingdom Citizen?" also jumped out at me.

Is this talk directed to the 'anointed'? It can't be directed to the 'other sheep' because they're not 'citizens' but 'subjects' of the kingdom.

w66 4/1 p. 197 Proving Yourself a Loyal Subject of Christ the King

CITIZENS AND SUBJECTS OF THE KINGDOM ...

... True, the Scriptures show that this heavenly citizenship is limited to 144,000 persons who have been "bought from the earth." (Rev. 14:1-4) However, the opportunity is held out to all rightly disposed persons of the earth to gain the position of earthly subjects of that heavenly government. They are properly termed "subjects" since they owe their allegiance to a monarch and receive his protection and blessings, but do not share his kingly power.-Rev. 7:9, 10

Or is there going to be 'new light'?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Can't wait see on here what is said about apostates.

Probably along the lines of, "would drink a glass of wine if you knew it was tainted with powerful poison?"

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Any ideas on what 'new' publications they might be releasing this year?

"Reasoning With The Sisters" -- New 192-page book. All blank pages.

(Received that email yesterday.....couldn't resist. No throwing over-ripe fruit.....please!)

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Another DVD that tells blatant lies about the 'origins' of the WTB$?

A glossy brochure with cheesy smiley pictures of JW's and dark depressed 'apostates'?

An All-castrated..........sorry, orchestrated CD of the kingdumb dirges?

..............and a book I've been waiting for for years = 'Appreciating the grand priviledge of unity in this time of the end as we go our separate ways so that's fine isnt it Brothers.' Book. With the first chapter = 'Do more or god will kill you.'

• zoiks
    zoiks

Regarding the symposium talk on 'apostates'-

One thing that won't be addressed in any detail is what 'apostates' actually say. There will be a few cherry-picked scriptures, some ad-hominems, and maybe even a strawman 'apostate' argument. But nothing of substance other than, "Where else would we go?"

It might get juicy, but I highly doubt it. The talk will be designed to instill fear and squash any curiosity, nothing more. Maybe even a manuscript talk to keep the speaker from accidentally defeating its purpose?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

@Zoiks - the last (and final) a$$€mb£y I went to, you know the 'overlapping' one.......there was a cheese ridden demonstration about how a 'faithful' sister had to shun her very best friend who, QUOTE: '...gave in to 'apostate' reasoning.'

I almost lost my breakfast over those sitting in front of me.

Taht one demonstration convinced me that I'd never go to any meetings ever again..........then the hilarious 'overlapping' put the final nail in the coffin.

I wonder if the 'new light' T M this time will encourage more to exit the cult. Hope so!

• zoiks
    zoiks

@punkofnice - That was the first convention that I missed. I'm glad I did!

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Friday is the convincing and rallying of the troops that the Watchtower is right.

Rule #1 of any cult is to convince the masses that the leadership speaks for God (or most high form of X)

Jehovah's Purpose Is Challenged (i.e. the persecuted are right with Jehovah)

Covenants That Identify the Seed (i.e. only Jehovah's Witnesses do the right things in Jehovah's eyes)

Leading God's People to the Solution (i.e. the GB & FDS are the only people to do the right preaching work)

The Complete Solution (i.e. buy our bottle of religion and you'll be pretty, happy, have a great life, and suvive the big A)

Rule #2 of any cult is the "sit down, shut up, follow our directions OR ELSE" So, Saturday and Sunday are a rehash of rule #2

Saturday is the mind control and heavy fear & guilt trip.

Guilt Trip #1) Hours in service are not enough folks. We need more new folks. Our average age is getting older and the young ones are running away. Get new blood, folks. (i.e. forget about all the WTS false predictions, hypocrisy, child abuse, and other serious flaws that are driving people away) (i.e. Symposium: Kingdom Illustrations —How They Affect Your Ministry: The Mustard Grain, The Leaven, The Merchant, The Sower Who Sleeps, The Dragnet, The Prodigal Son)

Guilt Trip #2) You are bad, bad, bad, despite all you do for Jehovah's Organization. You are tempted by all these bad, bad, bad things. Everyone, pull down your pants and let the speaker in the podium spank your rear ends before Jehovah smites you off this wicked Earth. (Satan and the Demons, Babylon the Great, Apostates, Our Imperfect Flesh)

In all of this will be a heaping reminder to the folks that if they "fall off" the Jehovah wagon there will be extreme consquences by administered by the group. Apostates are to be shunned. This is a reminder to the good folks that they will lose their friends and family if they question rule #1. OR ELSE!

Sunday is the relaxing day of easier Bible talk (for the general public they are trying to persuade into the cult....and to make sure the Rank & File end on a good note, feeling better after Saturday's arse whipping).

#1) FEEL THE LOVE, FOLKS! Warm & Fuzzy talk for easy, peaceful Sunday morning. Of course, no hand holding between anyone with pubic hair allowed! (i.e. Humble, Tender, Approachable, Reasonable, Courageous, Generous, Self-Controlled, Discerning)

#2) LIVE WITH US IN our better, PARADISE that you bought with that bottle of religion you swallowed yesterday that tasted so bad (i.e. Will Humans Ruin This Earth? God's Kingdom Will Crush All Other Kingdoms —When?)

...Yep....glad I haven't gone to a convention since about 1983!

Skeeter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit