2011 "Let God's Kingdom Come!" District Convention Program

by witnessofjesus 62 Replies latest forum announcements

• therevealer
    therevealer

AnnOMaly - That posting on this thread is to accurate and appropo not to be repeated. But I will and am bringing it to the fore. Wish such posts could be highlighted better because it is so profound and shows their stupidity so well.

• INDYpendent
    INDYpendent

I wish I could say that I'm looking forward to my DC (a week from tomorrow in Portland, ME), but right now the thought of wasting three (more) days of my life makes me want to throw up.

The show doesn't even start until 9:30; what the heck, half the day is over by then. If they set the start time at 6:00 am, cut out the morning intermission at 10:50, shortened the lunch to :30 minutes, cut out the afternoon intermission at 2:00, and ended the program at 6:10, they could literally cover all of the three day's worth of talks and we would be out of there in one day! Sorry to say, however, the lame drama(s) would have to be cut from the program. If they cut some of the fluff that is built into the talks, we could be out even earlier, like 2:00.

Like the rest of you that will be attending, I'll be taking good notes on the Saturday symposium.

INDYpendent

• unshackled
    unshackled

First thing I did when seeing the convention programs was check the times...
    - how early does it start? or...how late can I sleep in?
    - how long is the lunch hour? or...how much time do I have to cruise the halls to check out tail
    - when does it end? or...how much time tonight for dinner, drinks and a movie

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Oh, dear, and I've just cancelled my hotel booking...

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

I would love to hear Saturday afternoon. Wish I could sneak in...

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Friday and Saturday afternoons at the DC were always the worst two afternoons of my year.

Usually 3 1/2 hours of brutally dry material, looks like three on Friday and 3 1/2 on Saturday this year. My butt is getting sore just thinking about it.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Oh,too bad,I'm going to a concert the Saturday of the convention here. I'll have to miss the convention.

• factfinder
    factfinder

witnessofjesus- thanks for posting this!

But how did you get a program without going to the DC?

• d
    d

I will not be going, I wil hanging out with Friends at Mohegan Sun

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

I might go and listen to the symposium. how should JW's beware from apostates. I'm sure everyone will turn land look at me!!!!

There are almost 7 years I haven't been to a District Convention and I'm sure I will make an entrance when JW's see an "apostate" into their "holy" District...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit