2011 "Let God's Kingdom Come!" District Convention Program

by witnessofjesus 62 Replies latest forum announcements

This org. keeps the saying alive, "The more things change, the more they remain the same."

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

there is a Greek song:

All around us are changing, and all remain the same...

I can imagine this talk in the late 1800's with Russel, in 1925 with Booze Jo, in 1942 again with Jo, in 1975 with Freddie, in the 80's with Freddie. I guess nothing change, only times and names, while WT is the same...

• sweet
    sweet

2 new releases were yesterday both of them were brochures and to take place of the "you can live forever on paradise" brochure the titles are:

"LISTEN TO GOD"
    "LISTEN TO GOD AND LIVE FOREVER"

• factfinder
    factfinder

Thank you for this info sweet!

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

OH - DEAR - GOD

Nothing much apart from that - this thread just needed an OH - MY - GOD

HB

• snowbird
    snowbird

"He Himself Knew What Was in Man"

Are they really going to deal with the Gospel of John?

John 2:23-25 (New International Version)
    23 Now while he was in Jerusalem at the Passover Festival, many people saw the signs he was performing and believed in his name. 24 But Jesus would not entrust himself to them, for he knew all people. 25 He did not need any testimony about mankind, for he knew what was in each person.

Well, slap my face and call me Grace!

Next thing you know, they will be admitting that John 8:58 should be translated, "Before Abraham was, I Am."

Syl

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

That's kind of them to save the NooooLight (tm) for the very LAST talk isnt it!! I mean come on, if it's that frickin revelatory and important then it should a lot earlier in the program, ...Brothers we are in the toenails of the image and they arent long toenails they are SHORT and manicured, so BUCK TF Up!

Oh well some crumby release to go with that talk no doubt as well. Glad I wont be there.

• sweet
    sweet

the modern day drama was about family worship night and the new release for today was the REVISED version of QUESTIONS YOUNG PEOPLE ASK VOLUME 1...AN UPDATED VERSION OF THE FIRST YOUNG PEOPLE ASK BOOK...i wonder what the new release is for tomorrow

• obarac
    obarac

Obviously DVD part 2 for Sunday.

So no new book after last talk on saturday? (only ypa-1 revised)

• luna2
    luna2

Its been 11 years since I've gone to one of these, but the talk titles still sound the same. That was one of the things that drove me out, the endless repitition. You can only take so much of it before you start hallucinating during meetings. Seems like the only time they say something new is when they are revamping their dates or their definitions (when stuff doesn't happen by dates they've previously preached were written in stone).

Reading that program, I am still grateful that I'm not a part of the organization any longer and don't have to force myself to sit through two or three days of torture trying to gain salvation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit