Will you be attending a "Rapture" party?

by Snoozy 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• moshe
    moshe

This failed rapture even give that word a bad name. The word Rapture will conjure up images of foolish and weak-minded Christian people.= who wants to wear that label?

• godrulz
    godrulz

Rapture is a biblical principle. Just because a flake burns a Koran and claims to be Christian does not mean he represents Christianity or anything more than a few nutballs. Just because an old guy gets disproportionate media coverage, does not mean that the vast majority of Christians are not cringing and rebuking him. Just because some have gone against Scripture setting dates is not a reason to present a biblical, balanced eschatology or to stop preaching His return for and with the Church in the future.

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

http://www.desdemonadespair.net/2011/05/rapture-prank-leave-clothes-and-shoes.html

Rapture prank: Leave clothes and
    shoes around town

Posted by Jim at Thursday, May 19, 2011

Desdemona readers outside of the failing U.S. industrial deathkulture may not be aware of the latest doomsday prediction from one of the degenerate branches of American Christianity. It seems that the Holy Bible predicts precisely the date and time of Judgment Day: 21 May 2011, at 6:00 PM local time. Desdemona likes that Yahweh has chosen to stage the event by time zone; presumably there are queueing issues in Heaven’s intake process.

Direct action is always a fun, although often futile, effort to highlight bizarre issues in the Anthropocene, and this action tickles Desdemona’s inner Cosmic Trickster:

Many pranksters plan to leave sets of shoes and clothes here and there on Saturday afternoon, so that fundamentalist Christians might see these abandoned garments and think the real Christians got sucked up to meet the Lord already. This is a very mean prank. Plus, would American Jesus actually allow naked people into His Kingdom? American Jesus is pretty uptight!

• godrulz
    godrulz

I will be attending the rapture with billions of others and it will be a great party, but it will not be this weekend.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

We are having a party on saturday, but it has nothing to do with the Rapture. We will be celebrating an Orthodox holiday, the day of the "holy emperor" Constantine and his mother, Helena. And what better pretext to gorge on barbecue and cold beer other than the celebration of 2 pagan emperors that have become worms-manure centuries ago?

• moshe
    moshe

I read that atheists in San Francisco were having a party on Sunday- all disappointed H. Camping people are invided.

• unshackled
    unshackled

I'll be doing some rapture riding....woohoo...

• Violia
    Violia

It is a rolling 6pm. According to Camp

Nugget, I think you have something. He is crazy but he is getting this message around the globe. Something jws cannot seem to do. I guess he has his 15 minutes of fame .

• godrulz
    godrulz

Clarify? Does that mean people will be raptured sequentially over various time zones? So, one country goes up first, then an hour later, another time zone goes up?

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Yes I am having a Rapture Party.... Here is what is on the liquid menu...

The Rapture recipe

</form> Share serve in Highball Glass Highball Glass alcohol 24% options print this drink recipesave this drink recipecomment on this drink recipe Scale ingredients to servings </form> 2 oz Bacardi® gold rum
    2 oz Absolut® vodka
    2 oz Hennessy® cognac
    2 oz Jack Daniel's® Tennessee whiskey
    2 oz Red Bull® energy drink
    1 oztropical fruit juice
    1 oz cranberry juice
    1 oz orange juice
    1 splash grapefruit juice
    Place all ingredients n a mixer, stir and serve

Read more: The Rapture recipehttp://www.drinksmixer.com/drinkz159y81.html#ixzz1MvWY2Jfm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit