Will you be attending a "Rapture" party?

by Snoozy 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terra Incognita
  • betterdaze
  • Twitch
    Twitch
    :Rapture parties have cropped up across the land in response to the prediction that the world will end on May 21, 2011 at 6PM, regardless of your local time zone.

Didn't anyone else notice the idiocy of that statment?

Yes and I almost reflexed to answer but it was all too obvious, nay, moronic to address. Like pointing out the clown to the crowd at a circus.

Which it is, really.

;)

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

I'm hosting one (well, simultaneously that, a housewarming, and cat's birthday party.) We're cooking this:

Cheeseburger Pizza

• talesin
    talesin

@TheClarinetist

Now that's what I call rapturous! Where's the party?

tal

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

Texas. LoL. You come all the way from canada, and I'd probably tell you where, too. LoL.

• godrulz
    godrulz

The rapture is the blessed hope of the Church. It is imminent in the sense that it can happen anytime without signs. The rapture is the translation of living saints and resurrection of dead Church Age saints (Christ comes FOR the Church). The Revelation or Second Coming is 7 years later when He comes back WITH the saints (WT nonsense about 1914 invisible return is false) (OT believers and dead Tribulation saints are raised after the 7 years; living Trib saints go into the millennium in natural bodies). Heaven is not limited to 144,000 (there will be billions) and there will be many people in paradise earth. The unregenerate end up in the lake of fire (conscious for eternity).

The problem is not with the rapture, but with well meaning people like the WT and Camping who play the Dating Game, contrary to biblical injunctions. I will be at work Saturday night and will believe His return is Perhaps Today, but not according to men's stupid dates. God will return in His sovereign timing, not according to flakey, flawed calculations.

This is what we should agree on: know that He is coming back; occupy until He comes (and make sure one is ready to meet their Maker through faith in Christ).

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I've jumped a time zone so that I get an extra day before I have to go down to the beach at sunset and not bang my head on a ceiling on the way up.

We'll have our last bonfire on the beach.

There won't be much driftwood to burn in heaven and the bar in Hell has warm beer and is full of Jehovah's Witlesses.

Cheers

Chris

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

Will you be attending a "Rapture" party?

Godrulz:

"The rapture is the translation of living saints and resurrection of dead Church Age saints . . ."

"The unregenerate end up in the lake of fire (conscious for eternity)."

Don't bother inviting Godrulz to the party.

• nugget
    nugget

The point is so many people know about it and are talking about it. Witnesses have never created this much interest and their work is supposed to be life saving and important.

The significant thing is that Harold Camping believes it and is willing to put his money where his mouth is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit