BANG OUT OF ORDER

by watersprout 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

hairyhegoat was born in Warwickshire UK. But worked in West Bromwich for 3 years so I know what watersprout is saying I spoke the queens english and was posh once I still live in a massive house so the party is still on

HHG

• Iconoclast
    Iconoclast
    Are you suggesting that when cooking Christmas dinner, we put the sprouts on to boil around mid-October? lol

YES! I steamed sprouts because I love them so much, tried TRIED to get my husband to eat ONE and he gagged. He said he can't get the idea of the slimy texture out of his head, even though I steam mine. LOL! I finally got him to trust me on roasted asparagus. He loves it now, as long as there is crispness to the veggie.

My inlaws boil their veggies and used tinned potatoes!

Must be related to my inlaws! LOL! And there's another word - tinned - it's canned here in the US.

• Iconoclast
    Iconoclast
    Does anyone use ''fugly''??

Yep! And they call them Transformers in the South when a girl is really hot from far away but is fugly when you see her close up. LOL

• Iconoclast
    Iconoclast

Also called Buttas. Everything's hot butta face.

• talesin
    talesin

FUGLY! yes, lmao

How about 'chipped beef' - comes in a can, right? 'bully beef'

We called it 'corned beef' here, herefordshire (sp) brand

tal

*brit sits & monty python rock*

• watersprout
    watersprout
    I spoke the queens english and was posh once I still live in a massive house so the party is still on

My parents said my sister and I spoke rather posh when we were little, (Lived in the posh area of the BC) but as dubbies we were mocked so started talking to ''fit'' in...Carrot is proper ''Black Country'' and when i first met him i couldn't understand what he and family used to say. Really looking forward to your party

Iconoclast how funny is that word! I said it in front of my parents and my mom said what is that? When i told her the meaning she fell about laughing... Yet she hates words like knackered and arse. Lol

Peace

• watersprout
    watersprout

Corned beef... Comes in a funny shape tin with a key on that you wind round and round! I used to hate those.. Always ended up breaking the key off and having to attack the tin with a sharp knife! Lol

Peace

• Iconoclast
    Iconoclast
    Corned beef... Comes in a funny shape tin with a key on that you wind round and round! I used to hate those.. Always ended up breaking the key off and having to attack the tin with a sharp knife! Lol

I thought that was called SPAM or deviled ham.

• talesin
    talesin

@ watersprout *nods* yes, I hear ya on that one

@ iconoclast

no,, NO ,,, nooooo!

SPAM is mystery meat ,,, corned beef is real salted beef in a can

doesn't taste the same at all :)

and deviled ham is a whole nuther different thing ,, haven't had that in years..

t

• snowbird
    snowbird

I am really enjoying this thread.

Spam is not mystery meat - it comes from the shoulder and ham of an oink-oink.

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit