BANG OUT OF ORDER

by watersprout 62 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

We use the word 'nob' here, too!

Used to work with this guy my friend didn't like, she called him "Bob the Nob" (I thought she was bein' mean tho)

How about "Bloody" as in 'bloody wanker!"

tal

centuries later, the Brits still have a huge influence on our culture ....

• watersprout
    watersprout

centuries later, the Brits still have a huge influence on our culture ....

That's because we were one awesome empire... Till the tory/lib dem coalition government got in! Lol.

Bloody is a widely used word. ''Bladdy ell''.

• bigmac
    bigmac

wanker--in UK english is usually used in a derogagotory manner, as an insult, usually to a man.

it means a person who practices masturbation.----so there must be a few then.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    Iconoclast - I had to force my hubby to eat veggies when I married him because he was convinced that the only way you cook veggies is to boil the hell outta them and he woudn't eat em

Are you suggesting that when cooking Christmas dinner, we put the sprouts on to boil around mid-October? lol

• watersprout
    watersprout
    You've got great fish and chips though! Holy bejeebus, am I jealous! But all the other English food is horrid. No offense! I just mean that your boiled dinner have nothing on our Low Country Crab Boils! And my mother in law is from Cambridge. Her food is so tasteless. I had to force my hubby to eat veggies when I married him because he was convinced that the only way you cook veggies is to boil the hell outta them and he woudn't eat em. I've taught him different now :)

Oh my the BC fish 'n' chips are the best! Massive portions... Battered chips are the best! Ooooooh me wants some now. I never boil my veggies, always steam or roast. My mom is one fantastic cook! Her roast dinners are fab! My inlaws boil their veggies and used tinned potatoes! Errrggghhh! It was wrong soo wrong! Lol

Bangers and mash..... Toad in the hole.... Some of the greatest British dinners to date. Oh and not forgetting crumpets with ''proper'' butter and a pot of tea! Mmmmmmmmm

Peace

• watersprout
    watersprout

Does anyone remember the Irish comedy ''Father Ted''?? I love the word ''Feck''... I would collapse in a heap everytime i heard it! My dad would always frown at me when i said it... Lol... I think they wonder where i came from!

Peace

• St George of England
    St George of England

ay up me duck, can ya remeber these?

shufty - have a look

bint - a girl

Often the two words are used together, 'shufty bint'

causey - pavement

Since moving south I don't hear too much of this slang anymore, but you know what they say -

Sussex born, Sussex bred

Long of arm and thick of head.

Probably the most difficult dialect to master in England is Ilsa, as spoken by people from Ilkeston in Derbyshire; there are phrase books written on it!

George

• talesin
    talesin

''Father Ted'' - yes !!!

feck is the equivalent to frig here. friggin' awesome !! that friggin' arsehole!

tal

• watersprout
    watersprout

Feck, Friggin, Frick.... I love these words! Lol

Peace

• watersprout
    watersprout
    bint - a girl

Yup i use this one... Does anyone use ''fugly''??

Peace

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit