New Curcuit Overseer Brainwash Talk....Obey the Slave even if you find a serious Flaw in JW Doctrine

by foolsparadise 59 Replies latest jw friends

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

I honestly don't feel qualified, but it would be neat if we could team up and break this thing down "play-by-play" in the event that it is an outline from The Branch that all of the Circuit Overseers are using this year.

I'd love to be able to tear this apart with my wife at home when our Circuit Overseer gives this talk.

This guy is a totally arrogant bastard.

He's reaching for a new position in the chain of command, I bet.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Could anyone confirm exactly which talk in the CO week's visit this is and WHEN it was given? We had our CO visit last week, and I was there Tues and Sun (sigh) and didn't hear anything like this. I missed refused to go Thursday night, which is the Congregation "Bible" Study followed by the CO talk. So maybe it was then?? But I'd like confirmation, if possible.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Someone mentioned that it was on Sunday, the final talk after the short wt study but I can't remember where I read it.

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

It was likely the Sunday part after the Watchtower Study. He makes a dig at another brother in the beggining for going :10 over on a 30:00 part. There is only one 30 minute part during the Circuit Overseer's Visit - The Watchtower Study (sans the reading of the paragraphs).

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

That it is the final talk Sunday seems to make sense. These, I believe, are "local needs" type talks, so will vary from hall to hall.

I would have eaten this up at one time, now it all seems very twisted.

• munchausen
    munchausen

This is a re-post of my previous post concerning this on another thread:

This post saddens me. I am from the same general part of Ohio and know this Kenneth Cunningham all too well. He visited my wife's congregation in 2010 (abt March or April) after a hard winter when the hourly average dropped below a certain threshold (about 6 or 7 hours per publisher, not counting pioneers). He have a talk to get them to get more hours. It is the ONLY time I have ever seen a JW speaker pound the pulpit. I mean he literally pounded the podium with his open hand, loud enough to hear from the back row without amplification, all the while saying things like "Some witnesses are taking it too easy", "Some think that 3-4 hours a month will save them", etc. It made me sick.

What is really saddening though, is that about 3 weeks after he left one of the ministerial servants killed himself. I'm sure he had other problems, but the point is that Cunningham's incessant browbeating did NOTHING to assist or build up a distressed soul who had bouts of depression. Meanwhile this mean-spirited CO goes his merry way and thinks he is serving God. A wife is left without a husband and two children without a dad. I believe that this Cunningham is partly responsible.

If he gave the same talk here this past visit, I do not know, as I made a point not to attend.

To this I will add: This talk was given by Ken Cunningham, on Sunday 5-15-2011 (the concluding Sunday talk) at Circleville Ohio

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Munchausen,

That is really sad. The CO's just don't care about the flock, their job is to increase numbers on paper, not upbuild people in the faith. When Jesus said people will be wolves in "sheeps clothing" he was talking about the WT leaders for sure. They claim to be the only sheep of Christ and yet they fleece the flock and throw them out of the pen!

In my 9 page DA letter, I addressed the fact that ALL members are treated the same and held up to the same requirements no matter their circumstances. This is NOT biblical since not all are preacher, teachers, envangelizers, etc. Also how can you hold a child to the same standards as an adult? And how can an elderly person put in the same effort as a youngster? The arrangment is NOT loving in any way.

Ken is the same as a decade ago when he beat up our kh in Hingham MA, a congregation of many elderly and sick members. We had many disabled both physically and mentally and he pounded the podium too and said we could ONLY miss a meeting if we are DEAD! This guy is such a pompous Jerk. He is a WT corporate man and NOT a follower of Christ.

These are the types of people leading the congregation and its no wonder there are so many problems in the organization. Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention, peace to you , Lilly

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

lil, page 9? That is a long letter! Is it on the internet? I would love to read if you have it posted somewhere...

What is really saddening though, is that about 3 weeks after he left one of the ministerial servants killed himself. I'm sure he had other problems, but the point is that Cunningham's incessant browbeating did NOTHING to assist or build up a distressed soul who had bouts of depression. Meanwhile this mean-spirited CO goes his merry way and thinks he is serving God. A wife is left without a husband and two children without a dad. I believe that this Cunningham is partly responsible.

This is sad indeed. Some JWs simply crack under the heavy burden the WT places on them. This CO could have added the straw that broke the camel's back.

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

LostGeneration:

"A wife is left without a husband and two children without a dad. I believe that this Cunningham is partly responsible."

Not partly responsible but entirely responsible even if that Ministerial Servant had other issues.

It's no different than seeing a man who is extremely ill, barely able to walk, who then gets slapped on the back with force. He falls down, suffers a concussion and never recovers.

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

Next they'll be saying that if you don't follow their orders to execute someone then you're against God; even if he told you in a vision that it's wrong to do that.

Or how about preventing the molestation and rape of children?

Please notice the ingenuity of the examples he was giving in order to justify subservience. They were doctrinal matters that did not have any grave repercussions that would allow death dealing situations or gross immorality to go unchecked. This is a gross example of using a false equivalency.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit