Any JW, please help- I need just one thing!

by moshe 40 Replies latest jw friends

• I quit!
    I quit!
    others say it proves he isn't a Natural born citizen, only a "native born citizen

Those "others" are know as the Afterbirthers.

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

Thanks Moshe. Interesting distinction. The GB lets the average JW assume they are the FDS without actually claiming that title. When I tried to discuss this with the CO, he quickly switched to using the terms "partake" and "anointed," while avoiding the term "Faithful & Discreet Slave." I wonder why the GB avoids claiming the title of FDS.

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

This whole article breaks down the particulars of "faithful and discreet slave" and "Governing Body", if you want more details:

Are all these anointed ones throughout the earth part of a global network that is somehow involved in revealing new spiritual truths? No. Although as a composite body the slave class is responsible for feeding the spiritual household, not all individuals of the slave class have the same responsibilities or work assignments. As noted earlier, in the first century, all were involved in the vital preaching work. But only a very limited number were used to write the books of the Bible and oversee the Christian congregation. - w6/15/2009 p24

The Watchtower has played fast and loose with "faithful and discreet slave", what that is, who they are, and what that means to Christians in general. They speak of the FDS in third-person, thus pointing away from themselves, then in the next breath knock the partakers down to the level of the rank and file publishers, granting them no special position.

If one is not politically connected and obviously a dyed-in-the-wool company man for the Society, there's no way he's getting on the GB. It's obviously a good-old-boys' club. Interesting how God only seems to want old, white, English-speaking guys (except the new token black guy, in response to the current "diversity" buzz). I mean, come on: While Fred Franz was the president of the WBTS, out of all the thousands of supposed "anointed" on the earth, his nephew Ray is on the Governing Body with him? Nepotism much?

• sizemik
    sizemik

PM for you Moshe

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I thought and WTS literature confirmed this that dead GB members communicate new light to the alive members? nothing quite like a good old bit of spirit-ism from them, wonder if they get the Ouija boards out as well?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

This is such a great thread and really made me think.

This whole article breaks down the particulars of "faithful and discreet slave" and "Governing Body", if you want more details:

Are all these anointed ones throughout the earth part of a global network that is somehow involved in revealing new spiritual truths? No. Although as a composite body the slave class is responsible for feeding the spiritual household, not all individuals of the slave class have the same responsibilities or work assignments. As noted earlier, in the first century, all were involved in the vital preaching work. But only a very limited number were used to write the books of the Bible and oversee the Christian congregation. - w6/15/2009 p24

This is indeed the current "light". This came about, I believe, as a result of the dramatic increase of "partakers" [the number is supposed to be going DOWN] who, besides having the "feeling" that they were "chosen ones", also had the delusional idea that they were being given "special insight" via Holy Spirit as "food at the proper time".

Guess the GB squashed THAT idea! If you ain't one of the eight (or so) sitting around the table on Wednesday mornings in NY, you don't really count.

• jay88
    jay88

btt!

• moshe
    moshe

Interesting how they WT just changes definition/responsibilty of who the F&DS is by inserting a paragraph in the WT. No explantion is given for backing away from the previous WT dogma that a large discreet class of spirit anointed JWs is directing the worldwide preaching work and providing the meat in due season for the JW sheep. All I want if a name brother and sister JW- find me a name of a F&DS- someone who accepts that title for themselves.

• moshe
    moshe

JWs, before you go to the KH tonight, don't forget to ask for that name of one of the F&DS!

• factfinder
    factfinder

Moshe-I knew two annointed ones-one was the brother who originally studied with me and my brother in 1976, and the other was an elderly sister. Niether one said they were members of the f&ds.

And the August 15 w is playing down the claims of the increasing partakers! There is a question From readers on this , and the answer mentions the GB can not tell who is "really" annointed and do not keep a list of such ones.

They also say some who partake have mental and emotional issues.

The GB believes it is the f&ds. The other annointed ones mean nothing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit