Any JW, please help- I need just one thing!

by moshe 40 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

--the name of a real live (not dead) member of the Faithful and Discreet Slave class- someone who has admitted in public they are one of the F&DS and who can verify they have been providing the "meat in due season" for the Governing Body. Obviously the GB can't be the F&DS, because they are neither discreet nor do they have a position of servitude- no, they have made it plain they are the BOSSES over JWs and JWs have to obey their words, as if Jehovah and Jesus were speaking them, or else they will get the disfellowshiped. Just one verifiable name will do and how you obtained it.

The Governing Body claims that the F&DS are directing them and the worldwide work of JWs, but they have never proven that they have a F&DS class they communicate with- Just have one of the annointed call Bethel and ask to speak to one of the GB and see what the switchboard operator does with their call. Anyway, go through you WT CD and try and find just one name- call Bethel and ask for just one name and when you come up empty-handed come back here and explain to us how Jehovah directs the WT Organization, but doesn't have any spiritual channel to do it with.

The reality for JWs, is that the F&DS story falls into the category of folklore and it has been repeated so much in the publications that JWs have come to accept it as , truth, without requiring any proof.

• Ding
    Ding

The WTS keeps records on FS hours and literature placed.

Wouldn't you think they could keep records of the 144,000 based on Memorial partaking and keep in regular contact with these "anointed"?

NOT!

The "anointed" have just as much impact on WT doctrine and policy as they have on OPEC oil production output.

• Inkie
    Inkie

Not only that but . . . .

The 24th chapter of Matthew says that the Christ/Messiah returns after the tribulation. It also states as the text reads here in Matthew that the FDS is appointed—when?—after the great tribulation and after the Christ/Messiah returns. Therefore, the great tribulation being a future event and the Christ’s/Messiah’s return being a future event—the “appointment” of the FDS is also a future event as the text reads here. That being the case, there cannot now be an FDS existing as the Society itself describes—not according to how the Bible states it here in Matthew. (Matthew 24:29, 45-46)

The FDS that exists today among JWs (or any other religious organization for that matter), is a classic example of those whom Christ described as “thosewho have seated themselves in the seat of Moses.” (Matthew 23:2)

However, for accuracy’s sake, the true FDS is none other than Jaheshua Mischajah and he was appointed long ago upon his resurrection and ascension to heaven.

--Inkie

• talesin
    talesin

One of my close friends married a guy who partook of the wine and bread, but it was around the time I was df'd. I only met him once or twice.

He had nothing to do with Bethel (we are over 1500 miles from there), and was a really nice, quiet guy (at least that's how he seemed).... didn't act weird or anything.

If I was still talking to my parents, I could get his name, but sorry, can't make that call!

Also, he would be around 60-65 years old if he's still alive.

t

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

I get the impression from the JW's I have spoken with that they use "Faithful & Discreet Slave" interchangeably with "anointed" still on earth or "partaker." When I asked the CO if I could speak with a member of the "Faithful & Discreet Slave," he said I could go find a congregration with someone who partakes and talk to that person. He seemed to be using the terms interchangeably. I specifically asked if, for example, David Splane claims to be a member of the FDS. The CO said that, although Mr. Splane doesn't introduce himself using that term, every year when Mr. Splane "partakes," he is in effect saying that he is a member of the FDS. Am I missing something here? Is there some technical difference between partaking and claiming to be a member of the FDS?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

THe dubs that still talk to me will use the expression FDS or "The Slave" with reference to the G/Body (or in fact the Writing Dept!) ...They have been taught the proper explanation but they do not seem to think of "old sister faithful" who takes the emblems every year, as being part of it....

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

The leadership has done a masterful job with their "faithful slave" doctrine. You have a group of people totaling 144k, but at the same time you really only have bigshots at the top making the call.

At the same time, the bigshots making the calls don't have any responsibility for their decisions as they are not named individually as JW leaders. They hide behind the "faithful slave" label, all the while pointing at Jesus as the one directing them. So what does that mean, that Jesus is an idiot with bad instructions for the slave? Of course not.

Its one big circle jerk with no responsibility. That is unless you put on your thinking cap as a JW, then you are disobedient, headstrong, or an apostate if you take it too far with your "independent thinking"

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile

I thought the members of the Governing Body are considered to be part of the Faithful and Discreet Slave? The real bait and switch for JW's is that they're told jesus appointed the "Slave Class" but in reality they're being led by a small group of men who "represent" the Slave. And they claim they don't go beyond the things written in the bible, haha.

• moshe
    moshe
    I thought the members of the Governing Body are considered to be part of the Faithful and Discreet Slave?

Well if they are, then they are self-directed bosses and that is not how it is supposed to work- in theory.

If you look at the questions for baptism, they ask who the faithful slave is, then direct you to a scripture- that is it, no further explantion as to who the real people are behind the curtain or how they direct the "work". I am pretty sure the main paperback study book for new JW converts doesn't even mention the F&DS class.

The WT leadership claims only they have been directed by Jehovah- thanks to an unbroken chain of the slave from the 1st century to the enlightenment of Charles Taze Russell to the present day JW leadership. While the F&DS are anointed, not all anointed are in F&DS class- at least that is how I remember this WT folklore being explained to me by almost 40 years ago. I was surprised to find out around 1973 from an elderly anointed JW who was born before 1900 and came in as an original Bible Student, that he had nothing to do with the new light, was never consulted about new light and had never even been in a special meeting for the anointed. I should have smelled a rat when he told me that. I mean like, they have meetings for pioneers- why not special meetings for the anointed assemblies?

• pirata
    pirata

The Watchtower states that that those who provide the deep spiritual food currently live in Brooklyn:

(WT July 15, 2010) When the time comes to clarify a spiritual matter in our day, holy spirit helps responsible representatives of “the faithful and discreet slave” at world headquarters to discern deep truths that were not previously understood. (Matt. 24:45; 1 Cor. 2:13) The Governing Body as a whole considers adjusted explanations. (Acts 15:6) What they learn, they publish for the benefit of all. (Matt.10:27) As time goes on, further clarifications may be needed, and these too are honestly explained.

This is just a guess, but I think this is a member of the faithful slave. I know he lives in Brooklyn:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit