Any JW, please help- I need just one thing!

by moshe 40 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

I'm really glad you started this thread .... it's made me see this issue in a whole new way. It was just accepted that the 'brother' who partook didn't have anything to do with the GB, and I never really thought about it.

But yes, why are these anointed ones not advising the GB? That's a good point for my next run-in with a JW at the door. I get quite a few door-knockers now that I live in a relatively affluent neighbourhood. Usually, I just slam the door, but next time I may engage.

tal

• moshe
    moshe
    holy spirit helps responsible representatives of "the faithful and discreet slave" at world headquarters to discern deep truths that were not previously understood.

Deep truths- like the overlapping 1914 generation?

I believe, this is a quiet change from the past understanding where the slave was on the outside directing the work on the inside at Bethel- but they still never give you a NAME- I guess on the flip side, that everyone else is an irresponsible representative member of the slave?--

• moshe
    moshe

I just had a sneaky idea- Hold up the sign as the JWs exit the summer assembly telling all anointed to come back in the morning at 8AM for an urgent breakfast meeting with one of the GB.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

The anointed sister I studied with told me that all the anointed are given the same message at the same time by holy spirit. They then write to the GB to inform them. When the GB receives many letters all stating the same thing at the same time they know it's the holy spirit so it becomes doctrine.

• moshe
    moshe
    When the GB receives many letters all stating the same thing it at the same time they know it's the holy spirit so it becomes doctrine.

Is that so? Could she find anything recent to back that up? I never, ever heard of the GB soliciting ideas from the anointed or even a Circuit overseer asking for personal ideas from them. The CO is more likely to tell that elderly sister to save it for later and to wait on Jehovah.

No way do the GB care about letters from the so-called anointed - the WT says the anointed get their direction from the top (the GB), just like everyone else.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    The anointed sister I studied with told me that all the anointed are given the same message at the same time by holy spirit. They then write to the GB to inform them. When the GB receives many letters all stating the same thing at the same time they know it's the holy spirit so it becomes doctrine.

But let me get this straight. The anointed just "know" they are anointed, right? The holy spirit tells them? Like an inner voice? (Though the WT constantly reminds us that miracles and miraculous events do not happen nowadays?

When I first heard this I had an awful feeling of being the only one who could spot the nature of the Emperor's new clothes. Am I still the only one?

At least the Vatican supposedly examines the evidence from all sides before declaring someone to be a saint...

• moshe
    moshe
    someone who has admitted in public they are one of the F&DS and who can verify they have been providing the "meat in due season" for the Governing Body.

Back to my original premise---anyone can claim to be anointed- it's another matter to prove you have been providing the "meat in due season" to the GB and they actually used it- which is a requirement to be one of the F&DS.

Oh, and it has to be something that turns out later to be true, otherwise we just call this a personal opinion and leave God out of it.

• moshe
    moshe

Four things are needed here--IMO

1- Be one of the anointed

2-Provide "meat in due season" to the GB that is used by them.

3- the "meat in due season's", spiritual direction turns out to be true, showing that Jehovah gave them advance spiritual insight.

4- it's real people, with real names, not an invisible class with no name and no responsibility for mistakes.

Finally, any one of the claimed F&DS whose "meat in due season" fails the test of time and truth deserves this---

-

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Unfortunately it never occurred to me to question what she said, not even years later.

It is only since leaving and coming on to this forum that a lot of things like this no longer make sense to me and I now believe all of them to be delusional so would not give anything they say any credibility when it comes to holy spirit, new light and pretty much everything else I once believed.

• bartj
    bartj

I think Raymond Franz's crisis of confidence discusses some of this. What's more interesting is that it seems that a lot of the "new light" actually comes from those in the writing department who do not necessarily claim to be one of the annointed. I think they use the reasoning that the first century Christians although all with the heavenly hope still had a "governing body" (complete load of hooey) and so it is today. I just wonder how they manage to wear all their hats at the same time! I meand they have more classes than college

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit