• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Good show. I really enjoyed it.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Dang I missed it.

• jj123jj123
    jj123jj123

Mad Sweeney, thanks for posting the podcast, I just listenend to it, nice work. Also, thanks to the others who shared their experiences, very interesting to listen to.

I myself was raised as a JW in a fairly affluent area (in the US). I graduated high school in 2000. My parents encouraged me to attend University (of course only if I still lived at home).

College education was not taboo in my congregation. I think mainly because a lot of the elders had degrees and careers. Of course, they would repeat the watchtower corporate message of encouraging young people to pioneer and go to bethel, and put on a pedestal those that did. But if a family decided to send a kid to college, they didn't get any static from the elders. I mean how could they. Our PO had a senior corportate job, and his son went to university.

I faded in '08, but its still interesting to keep tabs on the watchtower's stance on higher education...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFDd1rl28EQ

• nugget
    nugget

clicked on the link and got to hear well worth the listen. Terry made some awesome points I was so impressed and glad I took time to listen.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Just listened to the show, It was very good. Shame no-one called in, I am sure that as the word gets out they will.

• cantleave
    cantleave

BTW Jane used the word "wonderful" far too many times.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Thanks for listening everyone. Sorry my opening monologue didn't record but the important part did, the interviews.

I will re-record the opening monologue that outlined the history of the Borg stance on education from 1967 to the present and attach it to the interviews as soon as I get the chance.

I noticed that with the first show there were more listeners to the recording in the weeks between shows than there were listeners during the live show itself. That's fine; it is the beauty of the Internet that information can be saved and accessed at will like that.

So if you think it is useful and worthwhile, please spread the word, add people to the FB group, and get people to listen, any time they like.

And most of all, a HUGE THANK YOU to Jane, Terry, and Lance for sharing with us all!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good for you Mad Sweeny!..

I`m going to have to listen in,on one of your shows..

Cult Free Radio..

http://www.gitaar.net/dynamic/profile/16343-2.jpg

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/cult-free-radio

....................... ...OUTLAW

• nugget
    nugget

damn the word wonderful.

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

I listened last night to much of it, it was great. Also loved hearing the interviews. It's like connecting with survivors after a catastrophe. We have all come out of a mental/emotional death-trap of sorts and have had to re-create our lives. Thanks for sharing your selves.

It's astounding that the organization still exists

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit