Jehovah's Witnesses and Education on Cult Free Radio - UStream

by Mad Sweeney 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

We are less than 12 hours away from the next Cult Free Radio show. Tonight's topic is JWs and Education. We have THREE interviews lined up (two are already recorded!) PLUS we will take your calls via Skype at "cultfreeradio" later on in the show.

The website is:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/cult-free-radio

Please tune in and tell your friends. The guests are people you might know...

You might also link to the event on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/event.php?eid=165362256856865

Thanks for your support!

• Terry
    Terry

Each and every venue which reaches out to curious people is an opportunity to expose the dark side of the Watchtower religion.

CultFreeRadio is that kind of opportunity.

The evil of the Jehovah's Witnesses stand on Education comes from the destruction of the future opportunities of young people.

Education is the only survival strategy in the competitive marketplace.

As the world economy worsens unemployment can certainly rise for the unemployable faster than a well-rounded, well-educated worker.

The Governing Body has targeted the most vulnerable in the community: the young. Their method of attack is to steal the mind of youth and deny them the possiblity of understanding REALITY.

The Jehovah Myth cannot stand up to a good education.

There are so many older people today who have spent a life of faithful service to Jehovah who have nothing to sustain them financially but hope

that their god will quickly destroy the world!!

Just think about that a minute and you'll quickly understand what true Evil this belief system nourishes.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I love the validation of community with others b/c I can't discuss Witness culture with just anyone. I wish, though, that we could forge ahead to how we move on in the world. It happens here, clearly.

I'd like a show that discussed pragmatic ways to rid yourself of the Society.

• nugget
    nugget

We need as many rational voices out there so that people with doubts can listen to the debates and issues without distraction and fear. Well done for for putting together a program on this essential topic.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I'd like a show that discussed pragmatic ways to rid yourself of the Society.

I would like to think that CFR will be tool for some to be able to do that. It isn't an easy solution but the first two shows seem to be a couple of good first steps toward freedom. Show one was on understanding how the Society controls members (and even former members if you haven't ditched the fear and guilt yet). Understanding the psychology they use - knowledge is power - helps one to overcome it.

Show two, coming up in under five hours, about education, will show how the Society limits the education of its members - again as a part of its control mechanism - but how after leaving one can successfully pursue education both formally and informally, which is a HUGE step away from the Society.

There will be some expose' shows, too. I still hope to have an in-depth discussion of the Menlo Park situation, for example.

But overall, I hope the show will have something practical in it each time that people can use to help them take one more step away from the Borg.

There is no easy answer for that question Dubs like to ask, "where will we go away to?" other than, "Anywhere you choose!" Learning how to be free is a process, and education about how we were enslaved, I hope, will serve as a practical means for preventing falling for snares in the future and keep us steady as we chart our future course.

In the end, however, it is sharing of thoughts, feelings, and information in a brand new way. Not in a way to control your behavior and manipulate you into certain cult-supporting acts, but in order to empower you to think, feel, and behave however you so choose. When you can do that without fear or guilt then you have taken another big step away from the Society.

I hope you all enjoy the show.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

90 Minutes. . .

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

I'm signed in and will be looking forward to your 2nd audio show. Your first one was very good and nice to see others chime in with comments as well

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Thanks. Around 25 minutes now!

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

What has happened MAD? We are still hanging around. Did the WTBTS sabotauge you? lol

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

Overall it was reaally good. Unfortunately I had to step away for some of it, but very nice guests and glad to be able to put the the faces and voices to the names.

Thanks again, MAD. Looking forward to your next one

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit