After Exiting the Witnesses - Are you O.K. Not Knowing about the Future ?

by flipper 76 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

OUTLAW- Exactly. We didn't know the future as Witnesses when we THOUGHT we did - now we KNOW we don't know the future. Sounds confusing but makes perfect sense.

JADEEN- I agree with you. After exiting the Witnesses it forced me to take more responsibility financially in limiting my purchases and trying to save for the future. JW's ARE put down if they try to stockpile a savings as being " materialistic " and not trusting Jehovah. I have found I'm much more reliable than waiting for freaking manna to fall out of heaven. Trust myself more and my intuitions.

BUNGI BILL- It is much easier to admit we don't know the future than to be duped into believing a false or fantasy future which doesn't exist.

WASANELDERONCE- Good point. I want the future to be less difficult if possible too, however I'm prepared if it's not. There have been economic crashes before, it's cyclic, yet I feel in time we will pull out of it in time. But it may get rough.

GELI_HEART- Welcome to the board ! Nice to have you here. I think a lot of us struggled with the view of the future but I'm glad you got out of the Witnesses so you can see things more clearly. No need to be scared of WT society threats or false expectations of an imaginary Armageddon. Take care.

SLIMBOYFAT- I'll have to check into that book. Looks interesting.

SCULLY- Indeed it will be a great day not to pay taxes anymore. Won't be great to be dead, however if we don't pay taxes, it may almost be heaven !

QUENTIN- Yep. We are all going to die someday. I look forward to making meals too for my wife and me. I love cooking so yeah, I look forward to the future regarding cooking as well. LOL ! If your grandaughter doesn't show, you'll have an easier future of not cooking tonight ! Grandpa cook gets a night off ! Cool

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

flipper your commitment to answer each and every response never fails to impress me.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Ditto Slimboyfat!

Bill

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

For me it's quite simple: Why worry about things you have no control over? It's best to just live in the moment and do what you can about things you actually DO have control over.

It's like what's in the Serenity Prayer:

... Grant me the SERENITY to accept the thing I CANNOT change

The COURAGE to change the things I CAN

And the WISDOM to know the difference...

V665V665

• talesin
    talesin

geli_heart

W E L C O M E !

slimboyfat

I was thinking the same thing earlier today ... good on ya, mr. flipper

t

• Quentin
    Quentin

An insightful observation Mr. Vampire...

• flipper
    flipper

SLIMBOYFAT & BUNGI BILL & TALESIN - Thanks, I appreciate it. We ALL have takes and opinions that count and are important. Access to information and experiences is how we all learn in life. In the Jehovah's Witnesses our opinions were not valued. We were TOLD what our opinions should be. NOW our opinions count for something . We have the freedom to express them, and they should be valued. Just my take.

VAMPIRE- Good points. I like the Serenity prayer as well. I also don't get too excited over things I can't change. I'm more about being proactive also in things I can do something about.

QUENTIN- Very true. Vampire always has great takes and concise to the point ways of expressing things. He cuts to the chase. I like that . Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit