• snowbird
    snowbird

Two of mine are named Tina.

I don't know the names of the others.

Do you know yours?

Syl

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Clara is the only one I know. Maybe I should pay ancestry.com their fee. I would often ask about deceased people. No one would really talk to me. I think there has been a vast cultural change. My family emigrated from Ruthyn in the late 1800s and Holland. They insisted there were American only. They were ashamed of the old country. My father told me we were from Russia during the Cold War. Ruthyns hate Russians with a passion. I always wanted to visit the ancestral homes.

I was in Holland and could not find out from relatives anything. What little I know, I've pieced together from many sources.

About 30 years ago, I saw a local play in NJ that ended with pretty much the same question to show how unrooted we are. If Queen Elizabeth can be proud of his ancestry so can I.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    My family emigrated from Ruthyn ...

This?

http://www.ruthin.com/

Interesting.

Thanks for responding.

My mother's name is Clara.

Syl

• Ilovebirthdays
    Ilovebirthdays

Beryle and Lucetta. Don't have a clue about the others. We have some doozies of bible names in the next generations that follow, and thankfully they stopped the madness by the time I came around.

• snowbird
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

STOP STOP STOP.

I am sure this thread is perfectly innocent, but many security questions involve these names. You might think you are anonymous on this board, but keep giving out such information and you may not be anonymous.

Okay, back to the thread.

I knew two great-grandmothers very well.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Perfectly innocent, with nothing to hide.

If others don't feel comfortable participating, I'm sure they will refrain.

Syl

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

Aaltje, Dorothea and Frouwtje. Don't know my one grandmother's mothers name.

I couldn't possibly be traced as these names were very common in the 1800's. Why would anyone take the trouble anyway? Now if I added dates of birth it would be a different story.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Thanks, and WOW!, Guest.

Syl

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Rosie and Big Mama (I don't know my paternal g-grandma's real name but I can find out)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit