Ooops left food out last night...

by sinis 57 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

Outlaw is right. I work in a restaurant, and I wouldn't eat food that had been left out in the danger zone (outside of the temps Outlaw posted) all night like that.

Tammy

• White Dove
    White Dove

OUTLAW,

Taco Bell (where I work) is so strict that when prepping food (transfering from bag to bin), you can only take one bag at a time from the cooler, scissors set down during prep must be placed in a little sanitized pot, and only a small cup may be used to take icy cold water from the drink machine to be used to pour a little in each lettuce bin. Must go back and forth for freshly cold water. Meat must be rapidly cooled in between layers of ice before going into the walk in as carry-over. And, food gets discarded regularly throughout the day at set times.

After working so aware like this, I shudder to think how I used to deal with food at home.

Going to my frige now to dump some stuff.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I'll go against the tide here......I've boiled chicken for making soup, made the soup, too hot to put in fridge that evening, but put soup in containers first thing the next morning, most to go in the freezer for later meals, one to go in fridge for current meals. Done his many, many times.

• Glander
    Glander

Ditto what Bizzy said. I happen to know a little bit about food handling safety and the chicken broth scenario you described is harmless left out, covered, for 12 hours. Then use it or freeze it.

PS My no-no is using eggs that are cracked before I want to crack them. Toss 'em.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    I happen to know a little bit about food handling safety.....Glander

No You Don`t..

And..

You shouldnt be giving Advice on F ood Safety..

................. ...OUTLAW

• Glander
    Glander

You don't get it Outlaw. Your chart is incomplete without indicating holding time and time for temperature drop from one zone to the other. The biggest cause of restaurant 'flu' is poorly washed fresh produce and or cross contamination with raw poultry, undercooked ground meat, food handlers who don't wash hands. Latex gloves give a false sense of cleanliness and are not replaced often.

Chicken broth is 'sterile" after boiling and unless it is left uncovered while cooling to room temp it is safe. Freezing it from room temp is safe within a few hours. Cooking with it, reheating it to boiling, is OK.

I am HACCP and Serv-Safe certified.

Now, go cold pack some green beans for winter.

• tec
    tec

Pretty sure that food cannot be in the danger zone for more than two hours. If so, then it must be thrown out. We would fail our inspections if we did anything else.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Well it's been 6 hours..is sinus still alive? or

I remember when camping with the In laws one time and we had a big pot of chili in a cast iron kettle. We put it on the trunk of the car to cool and forgot about it. The next morning my MIL saw it and said...OOps..
    The temp was around 60 something that night.
    Her and her hubby and my hubby ate it and they were fine..as for me..I refused to eat it..I didn't want ot take any chances, my MIL rubbed that in for years!

But I think they may be in trouble if they ate it according to this:

How long can cooked chicken be kept out? We had cooked chicken in the fridge, then my daughter left it out overnight. How about butter, can it be left on the counter, or should it be in the fridge between use? Thanks.
    If cooked chicken is left on the counter at room temperature longer than one hour ( two hours in the winter) it should be discarded. There is an increased risk it will be contaminated with harmful bacteria. To preserve quality, butter should be kept in the refrigerator between uses.

Snoozy

• Snoozy
    Snoozy
    Taco Bell (where I work) is so strict that when prepping food (transfering from bag to bin), you can only take one bag at a time from the cooler, scissors set down during prep must be placed in a little sanitized pot, and only a small cup may be used to take icy cold water from the drink machine to be used to pour a little in each lettuce bin. Must go back and forth for freshly cold water. Meat must be rapidly cooled in between layers of ice before going into the walk in as carry-over. And, food gets discarded regularly throughout the day at set times.

I threw up for hours after eating Taco Bell one time..I suspected the sour cream. I am sure the Taco bell I went to wasn't that clean/careful , they could barely speak english besides.. I Couldn't eat there for years after that. I have a nice clean one by my house now that I go to occasionally..

Snoozy

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    You don't get it Outlaw. Your chart is incomplete without indicating holding time and time for temperature drop from one zone to the other.
    The biggest cause of restaurant 'flu' is poorly washed fresh produce and or cross contamination with raw poultry, undercooked ground meat,
    food handlers who don't wash hands. Latex gloves give a false sense of cleanliness and are not replaced often.

Chicken broth is 'sterile" after boiling and unless it is left uncovered while cooling to room temp it is safe. Freezing it from room temp is safe within a few hours.
    Cooking with it, reheating it to boiling, is OK.

I am HACCP and Serv-Safe certified.Now, go cold pack some green beans for winter.....Glandler

I don`t get it?..LOL!!..

I`m Government Certified.

My Certificates are Framed and Hang on my Wall..

The information you have Provided is Bullshit..If you want to Poison Yourself I don`t care..But..
    Don`t advise the Public about something you Obviously have No Education in..
    You could make someone seriously sick,or kill someone..

As you Claim an Education you obviously don`t have..And..

Are Publicy giving Advice that Can and Will harm people..

I Warn You..

Not to do it again on JWN..

http://www.allsportmedical.co.uk/images/catalogue/product/7467YR-M.jpg

........................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit