The best actors of years gone by...

by sinis 41 Replies latest jw friends

• unshackled
    unshackled

Peter Fonda, Humphrey Bogart, Jack Lemmon, Walter Matthau, James Cagney, Grace Kelly....Charlie Chaplin

• wasblind
    wasblind

Oh yes Sinis,

they were great actors, also I would like to add Sidney poitier, Ruby Dee, Ertha Kitt, Louis Gosset Jr.

Dorthy Dandridge, Lena Horne, Harry belafonte, Pearl Baily , Dianne Carroll, Sammie Davis Jr. these

are old timers And James earl Jones, Cecely Tyson

• clarity
    clarity

All fabulous actors and actresses!

My favorite combination John Wayne & Maureen O'hara.

http://www.users.uswest.net/~aknot/Story2.htm

clarity

• talesin
    talesin

sidney poitier ... OMG no more needs to be said except "class personified"

along the lines of Wesley being screwed, let's mention ALL the great african-american actors that DON't get recognition

Harry Belafonte

Sam Jackson (the most prolific actor in the WORLD)

Will Smith (the biggest star on the planet)

Morgan Freeman

Ice-T (you may disagree, but have you ever SEEN L&O SVU?)

Eddie Murphy

Vin Rhamg (sorry, sp?)

... and let's not forget one of the greatest, who also happens to be a womyn

................... WHOOPI GOLDBERG , one of my personal heroes/idols

WE TRULY ARE NOT WORTHY OF HER

'nuff said

g

Many many more new stars since Tyler Perry started his studio,,, and being a movie/film lover, just had to bring this up.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Jack Lemmon -- Very underrated, IMHO. Great actor. He could do serious drama and comedy, with a high level of skill. Miss him.

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

Alan Rickman is my favorite actor nowadays - has been since I was 9 and fell in love with him in "Sense & Sensibility". (Gregory Peck is probably my favorite old-time one.)

• talesin
    talesin

I agree, LWT,,,

The Apartment, Save the Tiger , The Odd Couple , and a personal favorite,,,, The Out of Towners

'nuff said.

:D

t

• talesin
    talesin

bizzy

If you love rickman, you MUST SEE

Madly, Truly, Deeply,,,,

him & Emma Thomson

awesome movie!

t it's a heartbreaker!

:D

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

talesin:

The Apartment, Save the Tiger , The Odd Couple , and a personal favorite,,,, The Out of Towners

Indeed. His ability to portray an Every Man tortured with anguish was amazing. Few actors can play both funny and serious and be completely believable. He's at the top of a short list, for sure.

I also enjoyed The China Syndrome, Missing, Glengarry Glen Ross and (forgive me) Grump Old Men.

• sinis
    sinis

Jack lemmon was pretty good in "Cowboy" with Glen Ford, who is also a great actor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit