Jehovah is awe inspiring!

by Sour Grapes 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

A witless friend sent this to me yesterday. I was not

able to copy the picture however the email is interesting

and really shows the depth of their mentality.

Sour Grapes

Here is a story told at the annual meeting……

You know how the society has been cutting costs, part time help, cutting back

on cd;s selling property etc... well , you know the famous WATCHTOWER

READ GODS WORD DAILY " sign is on one side of the place,,,, well ,,, on the

other side is a sign but also a clock which is lit at night! Well the G.B, decided

that it cost too much in electricity so they decided to turn it off! Now remember ,

this has been lit since forever as far as bethel goes. Well they got inundated

with phone calls and Emails telling them that the clock was dark and the lights

were out, The brothers would politely answer that yes they understood but that

they are cutting costs so decided to turn it off. WELL..... the MAYORS office

eventually p honed and said that THEY were inundated with calls objecting to

the clock being turned off , so when the brothers told them about the cost

cutting the mayor said....." We will have a man come over and put a meter on

that side and the City will pay for it!!!! .........WOW talk about a LANDMARK!!!!

JEHOVAH is amazing and truly awe inspiring!!!

• snowbird
    snowbird

I heard that way back when ...

Probably an urban legend ...

Syl

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Even if it is true, what does Jehovah need with a lighted timepiece? A starship I can sort of understand, but what does god need with a lighted clock?

• undercover
    undercover

Wait... (taking the story at face value, FWIW)

Jehovah's organization can't afford to pay the electric bill to run a lighted clock and the mayor of a city under the influence of Satan, the ruler of the world, offers to pay for the electric bill to keep the clock lit and people praise Jehovah?

What the hell did he do? If he wanted, the clock would have been kept working and lit even after Bethel canceled the electric service. Now that would be awe inspiring....

• JeffT
    JeffT

What does New York need with a lighted clock? They don't have watches, or these days cell phones, I haven't worn a watch in ten or fifteen years.

• flipper
    flipper

How pathetic. So are we to assume that Jehovah is now providing refurbished " new light " ? Ha Ha

• pirata
    pirata

Yes, a city is paying the electricity for a clock after residents complained. Truly an act of God.

• Reality79
    Reality79

LMFAO what a load of ridiculous horseshit! Honestly, only witnesses come out with this nonsense!

• cantleave
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    well , you know the famous WATCHTOWER READ GODS WORD DAILY " sign is on one side of the place,,,, well ,,, on the
    other side is a sign but also a clock which is lit at night!
    Well they got inundatedwith phone calls and Emails telling them that the clock was darkand the lights were out.....

Nobody complained the Watchtower Sign was Out.. They wanted the Clock back..

Now that New York has the Clock back..

JEHOVAH is amazing and truly awe inspiring!!!

?..

That`s just WatchTarded..

....................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit