Uganda "Kill the Gays" bill could be passed in 72 hours...Sign the Petition

by unshackled 30 Replies latest social current

• unshackled
    unshackled

This is barbaric. We can help stop it by signing this petition. Here is the link to the site: http://www.allout.org/en/petition/uganda

(Note...it was a little slow when I went there. Give it 10-20 seconds to load)

From the site:

In the next 72 hours, conservative lawmakers could move a bill that would make being LGBT in Uganda a crime punishable by death. This hateful bill is part of a pattern of the Ugandan government's violent repression of pro-democracy forces within the country - and time is running out to stop it.

Can you please sign and share this petition demanding that Ugandan President Museveni stop the human rights violations by publicly vowing to veto the "Kill the Gays" bill?

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Done! Thanks for the info. I will send this to as many friends as I can.

• wobble
    wobble

Thanks for posting U/S, I have registered my objection to this disgusting and outrageous proposal.

I believe that all Western nations should cease Aid payments to regimes that are as bigoted , ignorant and in-humane as this forthwith.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Signed petition and posted on FB

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I signed it too via twitter and posted it on FB. Glad to see it here on JWN also.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Bump.

Paula x

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Ps..it took a total of 1 minute to do this....and 40 seconds were spent looking for my country....please help.

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult

done, posted, forwarded

• freetosee
    freetosee

Done! Thanks for posting!

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

Who is this organization? I signed using my spam email account, but I've never heard of them.

I had hoped that this bill had died a painful death after the massive political backlash to it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit