can somebody shed some light on me?

by psychiatric 41 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

Psychiatric you have a PM (click envelope in top Right of Page - you may have to do it twice)

• Heaven
    Heaven

Darren, I just wanted to point you to Paul's website JW Facts. When you get a chance, take a look. It has excellent info. and may help answer some of your questions about JWs:

www.jwfacts.com

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

In whatever way it is that they helped you, try to replicate that without involving this religion.

• Marie B. Paraison
    Marie B. Paraison

Pshych keep in mind the ethiopian eunuch of Acts 8:27-40, Phylip baptized him while he was on his way from Jerusalem to Ethiopia, there was no obligation on this man to stay and be a part of the one true organization on earth. Would the Watchtower approve of baptizing if they knew that this person would not stay in the organization? Ask how long the members have been there. You have to almost fake your death to leave out in peace.

Furthermore, the God of Israel was not satisfied with the worship of the nation of Israel alone he sought the worship of the great city Nineveh by sending a Hebrew prophet- Jonah to get it's inhabitants torepent have faith and obey, this signifies worship to the true God. Read the book of Jonah chapter one.

Pshych please make a habit of reading the Bible everyday and read various translations, it's a recipe for success, not religion.

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

Darren:

"now i feel extremely lost in my mind in this world, because now every time someone says soemthing i have it in my mind its the devil saying these bad things etc, but its not! its my FRIEND! How can it be the devil! i dont know whats happened to my mind. i fdeel as if i have been indoctrined in some way."

Hi Darren and welcome.

Let me first state that there are a lot of "testimonial" cases throughout "Christendom" as to healing from previous problems; even severe ones worse than yours. Pentecostals and Baptists are prime examples.

The reason why most of those people heal has nothing to do with the religion being an instrument of God. There are two reasons, sometimes interrelated for such healing.

First, because you imagine that a divine power, greater than you, is going to help you do what you previously could not do on your own; you subconsciously make a triple effort to help yourself. Consider such religious experiences a super placebo effect that actually works (sometimes) in jump starting a genuine change.

Second, having a personal support group helps you climb out of his rut. Even if they are not directly involved in your life but encouraging you; you have something to look forward to.

Yes, God is held out in from of you as the healer of all things. However, keep in mind that a Pentecostal who sees Jehovah's Witnesses as misled by the Devil and a Jehovah's Witness who feels the same about that Pentecostal are both going to deny that God, 'Truth' or whatever, helped that Devil misled soul to any form of healing. Both the 'born again' and the JW will point at each other and blame demonic influences for their (identical) 'healings'.

• Marie B. Paraison
    Marie B. Paraison

Psych read the scripture that speak of the faithful and discreet class it is singular not plural ( no class). Matthew 24:45.

The person who translated the name Yahweh to Jehovah for English sake has never been named, honored, or praised by Jehovah's Witnesses. What kind of a spiritual, devout , dedicated person he must have been to have a keen interest in God's personal name. He must have been the first JW at heart, how come no credit goes to him and he is not revered but Charles Taze Russel the first president of the religion is revered until today.

the letter J was not always part of the English alphabet however we can find out who invented this letter.

Besides, the name Jehovah can not stand alone, it does not give us enough information about God, we need to know him by All his name e.g. Father, the rock of salvation, creator and so forth ...Psaslm 138:2

God is happy with us calling him father and no fase god can make a claim to this title or description Jeremiah 3:4,19.

Does not false gods have a name also e.g. Baal?

Did Jesus ever call God by His personal name? If I can read for myself Jesus always called God father, and taught his disciples to do the same. Moreover, I can not find any scripture that shows that any person not even his close apostles calling Jesus directly by his name. They used respectful titles such as Lord, Rabbi, teacher, instructor instead of Jesus.

Yah as in Halleluiyah is the correct name for the Hebrew and true God. See Isaiah 26 :4 and 38:11 in the new KJV and JPS Hebrew-English Tanakh.

Psych I hope you make reading the Bible a daily routine and also read various translations of the Bible. I made it out of the Watchtower after eighteen adult years. By the way, this was the religion of my birth also.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Welcome to JWN! We're glad you found us. It really is a good place to discuss what you feel and what you know and what you feel you know about Jehovah's Witnesses and the Watchtower Society.

You've gotten some great responses on this thread and I can't think of anything to add except 'Welcome!'.

-Aude Sapere (meaning: Dare to Know; Dare to Have Wisdom/Understanding)

• satinka
    satinka

Some people simply exchange one drug of choice for another. In this case the drug of choice might be religion ... unless you can walk away before you are completely indoctrinated. Might want to read up on co-dependence.

satinka

• psychiatric
    psychiatric

Wow Marie you certainly have a lot ofsense in your post. and yes i definetly will make my bible reading a daily thing, i do now, bbut the problem i keep getting is, what bible do i use! so many seem to be... shall we say tampered with? its confusing.

again i thankyou all for your responses! there are many links and books here that have been highly reccommended, i will defiently look into that.

^_^

• jgnat
    jgnat

If you want to find a like-minded community of believers, look for one that is kind to its sheep. Don't worry so much about points of doctrine. God doesn't change, even if we on earth fuss over details.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit