can long distant relationships last?

by varian 23 Replies latest jw friends

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Yes. Mrs P and I are the proof.

It was I who gave up a good job................ and NEVER looked back.

However, there is no garantee.

I was inspired by the words of an American psychologist:

"feel the fear, and do it anyway"

• jgnat
    jgnat

How far and for how long? Our first year hubby and I dated over a distance of 300KM (3 CD trip, I called it). He joined me and we are still together. His most practical advice was to get a good long distance phone plan. We talked so much...

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby
    His most practical advice was to get a good long distance phone plan. We talked so much...

I agree completely! Mine is unlimited everything and thank goodness it is!! We easily trade 2000 texts a month and talk for way more than any regular plan would allow lol.

• trevor
    trevor

Re: can long distant relationships last?

Long distant relationships are the best. It's the close encounters that cause the problems.

..........................................................................................

James Thomas - Glad to see you are still around. I have missed you.

• nugget
    nugget

The advantage of the long distance relationship is that you really get to know one another over time because there isn't the intensity you get when you are together all the time. They can work if you are both prepared to take the time. I went out with cantleave for 2 and a half years and saw him some weekends but not all. We talked on the phone and just let things develop. 22 and a half years later we are still together.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Yes! My hubby was in navy when I met him station in CT, I lived in NY. He went out to sea a lot, when he was in port I went to visit him or he came to visit me. Travel time 4 1/2 hours apart. We dated for two years like this, called each other frequently and wrote letters. Neithter had email back then. We just celebrated our 19th wedding anniversary in March.

Good luck to you both. I think if you are both willing to work at the ralationship it will work out fine. Peace, lilly

• jgnat
    jgnat

Notice how us long-distancers knew EXACLY how far apart we were....

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

Yes! My husband and I started dating once he moved 363 km away. We talked a lot on the phone, and he came to visit almost every weekend. We've been married almost 9 years, and we even dated witness style (chaperones, no "loose conduct," etc.) So I say it can work!

• ballistic
    ballistic

no, i´m not in a rush. but sometimes i can´t get in touch with her, and i start thinking all types of bad things.

i got a job to concentrate at work, and i constantly checking my emails or text messages on the cell phone

This is negative energy going on. It's not good. When everything is right, you will feel free of sadness or fear or worry orlack of confidence.

When you know it's right, you will feel confident and happy and that's not how you feel right now.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Ballistic, when we were apart, I was HUNGRY. When we were finally together again for a short while, I was a wreck for the first hour or so. Emotional roller-coaster for sure.

I still miss him when we are separated for more than a day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit