Did you miss out on "higher education" when a JW but go to college later?

by Mad Sweeney 42 Replies latest jw friends

• sherah
    sherah

Yes but making up for it now.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I missed out on higher education in the 80s... when Armageddon was so close you could smell it!

What I was smelling was WT bul!sh!t.

Now I'm back in, completing my associate in science degree. If I don't get raptured on May 21, I'll start work on my BA this fall.

• out4good3
    out4good3

Six more classes till I finish my Bachelors degree in administration in December. Already have a masters degree programs lined up that my company will pay 80% of.

Summer school starts in June...taking two classes during summer 1 and the last 4 during the fall.

Told my staunch JW wife , just a few minutes ago, that I'm not going to let anyone stop me from acheiving my educational and career goals as she and a couple of JW elders tried to do some years ago. She shouldn't have much to complain about. She hasn't had to work in the last decade we've been married.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Keep 'em coming!

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

Yep. Just finished my junior year...one more to go and then on to grad school!

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Yes, i'm halfway through a law degree at 41

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

this is really inspiring......I'm 43 and giving it some thought......

I blew an athletic career and college to become a MS then a young elder.

My blood pressure is going up just thinking about it.....

• Lunatic Faith
    Lunatic Faith

My hubby and i are (40 and 38) both in our first years at community college and hoping to transfer for Bachelor's or Master's degrees, depending on what's available in our rural area. We are loving it!

• Kudra
    Kudra

I love hearing everyone's stories -go us!

I am finishing up my PhD right now at age 35. Sort of late in the game but not that bad. I'm in the writing phase which is very hard (for me). I guess I need to get back to it instead of surfing the internet!!

• JeffT
    JeffT

I was baptized a few months after earning my BA (convert, not born in). I passed up an opportunity to go to Grad school. Ten years later, while still in I went back for a one year intensive and picked up a certificate in accounting. I got the cold shoulder for doing so, a few years after that I was out. I still take some classes from time to time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit