It is time to thank some important people

by Terry 40 Replies latest jw friends

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

VIOLIA & Amie

I was touched by your posts.

• wobble
    wobble

My HUGE thanks to all the people that have been mentioned, and to everybody who posts here.

Wobble XX

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I would like to thank my ex wife

for being the bitch she is, for driving me to desperation and to search for support.

She may never know it but if not for her, i would never have found JWN and the torrent of information passed on by some very very good people.

here's to you, you %#@&!#!

oz

• greendawn
    greendawn

I always found Randy's website very inspiring and informative and I am thankful to him for revealing what was going on behind the scenes with the governing body and the way they treated Ray Franz, Dunlop etc showing them to be just pettty minded, power lusting men with nothing really spiritual in them. Also many persons who were/are posting here Farkel, Narkissos, Alan F, Leolaia, Blondie, Terry himself. Their posts have depth and substance and involved a lot of careful background work and research.

• alias
    alias

Thank you, Obed, for creating the first online pro-JW site (Witnesses.net) I've ever participated in and Big Ray for following up with another JW board. Experiencing both communities, a few way dysfunctional members, and all the other stuff happening on the edges of them helped open my eyes and give me courage to see what those nasty apostate Web sites were up to.

I wonder if Ray's cold logic ever crossed outside of the JW box...

alias

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

OMG, alias has brought back memories.... Yes, I believe Big ray married an Aussie JW. I wonder how it turned out?

Back then, JWD (as it was known then) was spoken of in hushed tones because its owner was suspiciously starting to allow apostate thoughts to creep onto his board (quelle horror!). Funnily enough, a few from Wit.net and Big Ray's board (can't remember the name of his) came over here, including yours truly!!

• sizemik
    sizemik

The list of contributors to my healing is long, but most notably include those mentioned in the OP . . . none more than Ray Franz and Randy . . . but there are others who have also been mentioned who have been just as important . . . fellow posters who have only been here a short while, like me, have been just as important too . . . so open and encouraging.

Having the privilege of welcoming new ones and offering whatever I have to offer has been very healing. Their stories have inspired me also. We can even include in that respect those that will join us in the days to come . . . who knows what great things they will go on to achieve with their new found freedom.

To all of you . . . Thanks

• Terry
    Terry

I can't believe I forgot to mention Jan Hoaglund (sp?) whose Master's Thesis on the history of the Organization was first class in its detailing the little known

aspects of the machinations behind the throne.

Thanks to Leoleia for being our own Fred Franz (just kidding!) prophetess, seer and damned fine Rhodes scholar candidate. If you want to know how many hairs on Nebuchadnezzer's left eyebrow Leoleia can tell you!

Three cheers to Blondie for the backbreaking work that goes into her Watchtower Study commentary. I think we've come to take it for granted and that should never happen!

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Thank you Terry and the rest of you. I love my work. And I really appreciate your factual, accurate and candid arguments.

yours,

Randy

• alias
    alias

Broken Promises,

I know! And it sure makes me wonder what % of pro-JW board particpants from the late 90s are now outside the JW box.

Terry, my very first apostate email encounter was in 1998 with Kirsten Haugland, who with (now ex) husband Jan created the Web site "The Internet Superhighway Freed Their Souls" or something like that. Scary days!

alias

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit