Osama bin Laden is Dead

by jamiebowers 283 Replies latest social current

• Robdar
    Robdar

Funny how Bin Laden keeps coming back from the dead. This makes, like, 3 or 4 times that he's been reported as dead. Now, he's supposedly killed by Navy seals and buried at sea? I'm calling BULLSHIT on this story.

BULLSHIT!!!

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult

Awesome! So bin Laden has apparently been killed, and this is cause for mass celebrations, perhaps because people believe that the cycle of evil will end with this murder.

But governments don't solve the problem of evil, because governments always need an enemy to scare you with -- the Kaiser, Mussolini, Hitler, Stalin, Mao, drug dealers, terrorists, and so on and on.

But who is the enemy?

The death toll from American imperialism: more than 27,000,000 million people slaughtered worldwide.

Well, I guess 27,000,000 and one will make everything better now.

Even if we say that bin Laden needed to be captured or killed -- just look at the facts:

It only took 10 years,

2 wars,

almost a million deaths,

and over 1.1 trillion dollars to make one person, Bin Ladin, stop breathing.

The one person the US government trained, funded, and armed to fight the soviets in the 1980's.

The same person the Taliban offered to hand over almost a year before 911 as long as the US government provided objective evidence linking Osama Bin Ladin to terrorism, which the US failed to do, even after the Taliban warned Washington that bin Laden was going to strike the US.

After 9/11, the Taliban again offered to turn over bin Laden to a neutral country or the Court of Justice in The Hague, even without evidence. This offer was rejected.

And proof? Colin Powell promised it would be provided. It never was. The British government put together a 21-page dossier on bin Laden, but admitted that it would not amount to a prosecutable case in a court of law.

Remember when Saddam Hussein was captured? That was cause for celebration as well.

And what changed?

If killing bin Laden is a great victory, then wonderful, good job. Now, cut the defense budget in half. Bring the troops home, because we're done.

And give us our fucking freedoms back. Stop the illegal wiretapping, the electronic serveillance of medical records, bank records, and credit card statements and library book records.

Give us our fucking freedoms back, and burn the Patriot Act in a public ceremony at Ground Zero.

What? That's not going to happen?

Then stop celebrating and wake up!

(by stefan molyneux)

• darthfader
    darthfader

Would it make any difference if they kept his body? Im sure that by the time they dropped it into the ocean, they had every square inch of it photographed, scanned, plenty of DNA samples and probably a rectal probing just for good measure. Im sure there's plenty of evidence to prove it was OBL...

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I'm with you Robdar..

sammies

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

darthfader,

The US still should have had an independent autopsy dome on the body by 2 or 3 neutral parties. Again photos can be faked, DNA could be altered etc. You think the US would have learned from their past mistakes like the Kennedy assainations etc. Anyway it still will not end evil in this world as long as we have religious philosophies that promote hate and divisions.

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

William Penwell:

The US still should have had an independent autopsy dome on the body by 2 or 3 neutral parties. Again photos can be faked, DNA could be altered etc. You think the US would have learned from their past mistakes like the Kennedy assainations etc. Anyway it still will not end evil in this world as long as we have religious philosophies that promote hate and divisions.

I would have done that too but not to prove anything to a bunch of brainwashed ideologue suffering from mass psychosis. I would have had those autopsies made just to TAUNT THE HELL out of Donald Trumpet and the next incarnation of the Birthers-The Deathers. With each independent autopsy I would have ridiculed by telling the nation ahead of time how the results would not be believed because ___: ___: ___ ; just fill in the blanks with all sorts of crazy ideas.

I would have kept fanning the flames of insanity. Payback and retribution for those Fokx/Beckian/Limburgian/Tea Leaves Partying abominations. Revenge is a dish best served cold (Well, sometimes).

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Funny how Bin Laden keeps coming back from the dead. This makes, like, 3 or 4 times that he's been reported as dead.

Could you remind us of one or two of those times he was reported dead, please? Just to jog our memory.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Big deal as photos can be faked to. Where is the body? Why didn't the US have an independent autopsy conducted?

They brought the body 'round to your house, but you were out getting groceries.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Robdar

• lovelylil

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit