Getting past the anger

by Stealth 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Stealth
    Stealth

I am looking for some assistance or resources on anger mangement.

I have known the truth about the truth for about a year now.

Due to reasons of family I don't beleive I can make a 100% break at this time.

I seem to have a major problem getting past the anger. I am not an angry person by nature and in the past when I have gotten angry it never lasted very long.

At times I feel that the reason I can't get past the anger is because I have not made a complete break. I don't know if this is true since I see many here who have made the break and the anger persists.

If there is anyone here who has experienced this and has found a way to move past the intense feelings of anger without completly breaking from the borg due to family reasons and can offer some advice I would welcome it.

Is it possible to get past the anger with one foot still in?

My email address is: [email protected]

-stealth

• JT
    JT

ck your mail

• LB
    LB

I got out by quickly fading away. It was difficult as my wife stayed in for about a year after me. Now that she's been out we just don't talk about it as much as before. But, the anger took quite awhile to fade, not nearly as quickly as I faded.

I know a couple of inactive ones that have spouses still attending. They seem to be pretty cool about things now. They just don't go to any meetings and yet have maintained relationships with others. Not so bad I guess.

I'm glad my wife left though, that was rough.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

I feel for you Stealth.

May I suggest that you use the Internet to look up some info on anger management? I'm sure there are some support groups on the net.

Maybe try some counseling. Sometimes we can't get past certain thought processes without some outside help.

I’m still fading and am still going to occasional meetings, but I don’t feel angry towards the local dubs, but at the wtbts. I pity the sheep without a Shepard. The wtbts will get theirs in due time.

Hope you get some help. Recognizing that you need help is the first step.

j2bf

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

For excellent advice on anger
    please contact me or your nearest branch office
    of Jehovahs Witness. A free home Bible study
    will show you how to cultivate the fruits of the
    spirit and have a life where anger no longer controls you

• sadiejive
    sadiejive

Stealth,

I have struggled with anger and bitterness for about 3-4 years now. I, too, had never had a big problem with anger (unless of course someone really bothered me) so, when I began feeling tense and nervous (because it will rack your nerves) I asked my doctor about it. This sound like lame advice but depending on your age, it could be hormonal. Try getting more exercise and more rest. Find someone with whom you feel you can talk with openly and honestly. Even someone you've never met can sometimes be a better candidate than someone you've known your whole life. I know I feel sometimes that when I get around my friends or family that I may talk it into the ground (especially when talking to folks who cannot relate). It's just I feel so alone here in my household that I really lay it on when I come in contact with someone else. It's kind of like letting the poison out of a wound. You will feel a lot better. Feel free to email me if you'd like. But if I were you, I would definitely talk to a doctor. He/she may recommend some herbs or vitamins that may help you to feel better, too.

Sadie

• DIM
    DIM
    For excellent advice on anger
    please contact me or your nearest branch office
    of Jehovahs Witness. A free home Bible study
    will show you how to cultivate the fruits of the
    spirit and have a life where anger no longer controls you

i would think that a bible study would involve studying the bible, but it seems JW's believe that the bible is a reference book for the WTS's publications. Do you mean a free WTS publication study, verified by the JW's New World Translation w/ an average of 1 to 3 scriptures a paragraph? that would be more accurate NYASSHOLE

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1
    i would think that a bible study would involve studying the bible, but it seems JW's believe that the bible is a reference book for the WTS's publications. Do you mean a free WTS publication study, verified by the JW's New World Translation w/ an average of 1 to 3 scriptures a paragraph? that would be more accurate

JW's believe WTS publications are study aides to the Bible.
    Thankfully, Jehovah has provided the books in an easy to
    read format.

• Focus
    Focus

A certain amount of residual anger is not an entirely bad thing.

You have been tricked, cheated and made a sorry fool of, by people (seen and unseen) whom you sincerely trusted.

Are you an automaton, not to feel outrage and anger? Even, LASTING anger? Face it - some parts of it may never go away. Nor should they, I opine.

Use the anger wisely.

Hard advice to follow, I know.

Try to make the anger cold, calculating and remorseless is what works for many.

Anger aids determination and confers courage.

Seeking justice (call it revenge if you must!) is not an entirely bad thing, either. You did not hear of Jesus turning his cheek to Wicked Systems and Organizations, but condemning them, and opposing them remorselessly. At some personal cost, one might think.

This foul Cult should be exterminated from the face of the earth - I take it that you agree. So, use the anger to help stop the Swine Class doing to others what they did to you...

Trying to suppress the anger may cause more damage to you....

--
    Focus
    (DEATH TO THE WATCHTOWER! Class)

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

I can understand your anger I feel the same way, but I don't think it's a bad thing. I think the anger is what is motivating me to move on and out of the organization. Let the anger move you in a positive direction. It won't happen overnight due to family involved but I know it will happen. My biggest fear is that I won't be able to get my son out, he is 17 and although I've shared some things with him, he feels angry with me for questioning the "Truth".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit