Getting past the anger

by Stealth 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Prisca
    Prisca

Even though I have "gotten over it" so to speak, there are many others who need support and guidance as they make a new life outside the walls of the Watchtower.

I have organised, am organising, and will probably organise several more, Aussie bbqs for those who have left or wanting to leave. It's a way of giving support to those who feel lost and need to speak with others about their experiences. It reduces the confusion of "what now?" by showing that there are others who are or have been in the same circunstances, who understand and who can help.

Not only that, but they are a way of providing friendship with some very caring people. I have made some great friends from these bbqs, friendships that spill beyond the ex-JW connection.

I find organising and participating in these bbqs a positive way of dealing with ex-JW life. I haven't been out that long, but if I can share some of what I've learnt in the past 3 yrs or so, then hopefully I can help someone else.

In other words, I'm channelling my forces for good, and not evil, LOL

• gumby
    gumby

Randy watters taught me the best lesson on how to treat the whole JW thing. He shared a story of a man who got out of the borg but his wife did not.
    He became so radical about trying to denounce the dubs to his wife that their marriage took a dive. I wouldn't have stayed with the dude either.

To me it is HOW you speak about them. You can be vicious...or you can expose them for what they are in a kind way and not run others off who are listening/reading what you say.

I agree it is hard to not call the dubs a bunch of #%&*#% sick $#%&%#
    If you have been badly hurt by them as MOST of us have...it's real hard not to rip them apart.

So watch who is listening or reading what you are saying and remember to gain others weather it be a lurker or whoever. Going to the angry side could sway them back in because they feel you left...and look what happened to you! You went bonkers!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit