What Draws You to a Poster?

by snowbird 87 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest
    JW dude: Well, then why don't you come over here and pick up this conversation with me...

GROAN. That one actually made me wince, dear Mr. F (peace to you!). IMHO, the only thing worse than the "Hey, Baby!" cat calls... are worse-than-cheesy "pick up" lines (pun intended) like that one. Both are embarassing: I'm embarassed FOR the guy doing it. Can't even look him in the eye. Used to wonder, what in the WORLD is going on in THAT brain... and concluded he'd never picked up a book or watched anything other than Monday Night Football (okay, maybe March Madness, too...).

Ewwwww... {{{{{{{shudder}}}}}}}}}

Peace!

SA, on her own...

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Shelby, how are you feeling, m'lady?

I remember the JW girl who was the target of that ill-begotten pickup line simply laughing and walking away.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    This reminds me of the "meat market" on the upper levels of the District conventions of yesteryear
    LOL! Gosh that line brought back memories from my teenage years as a JW. Upper levels....yeah! I remember when my parents allowed me "up there". They evidently didn't have a clue!
  • charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.
    Gosh that line brought back memories from my teenage years as a JW. Upper levels....yeah!

Yep that was the JW's Swingers club....

All ages were found up there....LOL even some Married whose spouse was Clueless.

Not me othersShy Whistler

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Yeah, well you can kiss my lily-white arse and go back to your home on Wh*re Island."
    "...I'm sorry, Zid, that doesn't feel right. I just thought I'd compensate for the "sweet" in my name. ..."

Ah... Trust me, Cheezits...

No one's ever going to mistake you for "sweet"...

Now, if you only hadn't picked up a Southern expression for the "Sweet Baby Jesus", then you needn't be concerned about people becoming confused...

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    No one's ever going to mistake you for "sweet"...

Awwwww, now, you know I didn't mean that ugly-talk. I'm not really ornery, I was just trying to bond with a future neighbor and I... I overcompensated, Zid. You see, I was in fear of you, because you are a harsh [godess]; you take up what you did not deposit and you reap what you did not sow.

I don't really know what that last part was about. I think some old scripture got mixed in when a couple of wires touched in the ol' dome.

Now, if you only hadn't picked up a Southern expression for the "Sweet Baby Jesus", then you needn't be concerned about people becoming confused...

True. I'm no Jesus. Actually, if I could go back in time, I'd pick a different handle: Broseph Rutherford. A name like that commands respect.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Sometimes i wish that my last name was Ziddinia. I would name my son "Stick".

Stick Ziddinia? Get it?

I would name his brothers "Shove", "Cram", & "Jam".

If I had a race horse, I would name it "Daddy's Moustache". When it comes close to the finish line, people would yell "Come on Daddy's Moustache!!!"

• nugget
    nugget

I am drawn to posters that make me think, make me laugh, make me feel warm or tell me something new.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I'm drawn to posters who show kindness, empathy, warmth, humour and sincerity in any combination.

What especially draws me to someone is if there's something we have in common and a then friendly exchange ensues. It's an easy enough way to make friends here.

V665V665

• ziddina
    ziddina
    Stick Ziddinia? Get it?

Not unless you're just being tiresome...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit