What Draws You to a Poster?

by snowbird 87 Replies latest jw friends

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Good sense of humor is probably the main thing.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

http://bestpics.ru/full/29806_1236311607_mini.jpg

..................... ...OUTLAW

• AGuest
    AGuest

Greetings, dear Sylvia, and the greatest of love and peace to you, my sister! First, let me say that I am SO GLAD to see you posting. I have had to try and take little breaks but when I saw what was happening down your way, had to holla.

Second, I can "honestly" say that I'm not drawn to any particular poster; rather, I am drawn to the subject of the post. Either as our Lord directs or as such sounds "interesting" to me. Also, I am not one of those who greets newbies (or sends "prayers" out to those who are undergoing tribulation) on a regular basis. The reason is that I don't want anyone to say that I'm trying to "win" new visitors over to my beliefs. As you know, I've been accused of some pretty foul stuff, including trying to recruit followers and start my own church (seriously?). Like the whole "birther" subject, I realize that nothing I say (post) will convince those who have convinced themselves of this otherwise. So, I'm just here... and post... when the Spirit moves or directs me... when I otherwise have something to say/share... when something is directed to me specifically... or when I have the time and nothing else to do.

And so, for the most part (98%), I base my participation on the content of the post... and not necessarily my "affection" for the poster.

Again, glad to "see" you're okay, girl. Peace... and, as always, may JAH bless you and your entire household.

YOUR servant, sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I like those that reply to my posts. I'm not a "me" person but I don't feel part of the "in group" here yet.

• watson
    watson

OUTLAW!! You da man!

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

I've always liked your posts Found Sheep

• scary21
    scary21

I just click on something that sounds interresting to me. Once I'm on the thread, I like to learn new things, discover new ideas. Smart posters that have common sense. But the best part is when I find myself laughing OUT LOUD!!!!!!!

Sherry

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Found Sheep:

I like those that reply to my posts. I'm not a "me" person but I don't feel part of the "in group" here yet.

Oh, I'm sorry! I read alot more than I respond (?) and I always read a thread that you have made a comment on. I'm sorry I haven't said it before now, but I love that you are here!

Palm

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    Zid: So whenever I see a sugary sweet poster, my first gut-level reaction is that I'm looking at a major hypocrite... And I can't STAND hypocrites.
    [Now, don't panic, those of you who consider yourselves "sweet"... There's more to come.]

Yeah, well you can kiss my lily-white arse and go back to your home on Whore Island.

I'm sorry, Zid, that doesn't feel right. I just thought I'd compensate for the "sweet" in my name.

Found Sheep: I like those that reply to my posts. I'm not a "me" person but I don't feel part of the "in group" here yet.

Someone once said that low-count or moderate-count posters tend to get overlooked even when they make profound posts, whereas high-count posters sometimes generate pages of response with only fluff. I can see that... (guilty). That's unfortunate, too, because some really great thoughts from low-count posters get missed.

How to fix that? Stop living a life outside of JWN! Post a lot, even on BS threads (or especially on BS threads), get to know other posters (and address them), and change your 4-bit avatar to something a bit more memorable, like an attractive female with a few stitches of clothing covering the naughty bits. I guarantee your direct replies will increase ten-fold.... or your money back.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Thanks again to all who replied.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the devastation and desolation down here.

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit